DavidL
Founder
Founder

Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:11 pm

Glad to say that Yes, there has been lots of movement. TCP is doing just fine :)

It has been a high priority project (as mentioned before) and is coming along nicely. Still a bit more to go for a beta, but not too far off. Communication with the panel is working very nicely and it's now a matter of extending the command set to be reasonable for the capabilities of an HAI panel.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:41 am

Great news David!! :lol: Let us know when you are ready for beta. Do you also have plans to extend the lighting control portion into the MLLighting family plugin?
Thanks
Dave Bruner
:shock:

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:48 am

No, not into MLLighting, but likely into MLServer's Lighting Family.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:01 am

Actually, that is what I intended to ask. Just to make the server aware that HAI is a valid lighting control module.

I may end up actually using both HAI ans MLS to control my UPB lighting.

There are benifits to both.
Thanks
Dave Bruner

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:02 pm

Glad to say that Yes, there has been lots of movement. TCP is doing just fine :)

It has been a high priority project (as mentioned before) and is coming along nicely. Still a bit more to go for a beta, but not too far off. Communication with the panel is working very nicely and it's now a matter of extending the command set to be reasonable for the capabilities of an HAI panel.

OK David; Nearly 15 more days have passed without a word. Is there any significant progress to report other than getting the IP connection to work? If that is all there is, I certanly do not consider that progress, as every other connectivity provider has had IP connectivity with HAI for 2 years. I know as I have sold and installed most of them.

HAI is clearly beating the crap out of ELK in terms of features and system advancement. You guys should be placing more emphasis on this driver than you have been in my oppinion.

This is somthing like watching grass grow, but slower. And oh yea - grass; Any response to my integration question with HAI and MLIrrigation would be appreciated.
Thanks
Dave Bruner

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:43 pm

I have made significant progress on the new Plugin. It is now written in .NET, it supports serial and ethernet connections. Progress is being made and it will be released to beta as quickly as possible.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:07 pm

Thanks Dave. I appreciate the response and look forward to the beta.
Thanks
Dave Bruner

Scott

Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:19 pm

serial and ethernet. That I am very glad to hear. BTW I'm going to upgrade my HAI firmware. What is the latest version I can get without messing up your software development. I know the latest (if its out yet) will not require polling anymore.
Scott
InControl

ricks
Is there life beyond myServer?

Fri May 02, 2008 5:45 pm

Very shortly my MLHAI production plugin will be celebrating its first birthday. Imagine that, the little guy is already one year old! I'm planning on inviting many of his plugin friends to the party and we'll have a clown and a pony. MLGenericDevice and MLDatabase said they would be there but then declined. Then they said they would come again but then declined again. We're still hopeful that they'll be at the party.

Unfortunatley cute little MLHAI hasn't learned how to walk yet but we're hopeful he'll be up and around by then. But only Dr. Dave knows that for sure.

Dr. Dave, will you have MLHAI walking on his first birthday?

jmantas

Sun May 04, 2008 1:27 am

I have to join the sentiment.... the last 15 times that my wife has gone absolutely furious with me about our Cinemar system was because the MLserver stopped working while I was on a business trip... and 100% of those times was caused by MLHAI based on the logs.... I have slowed the polling to a crawl, and still crashes the server on average every 3 days... By contrast, every other plugin works like a charm....Russound plugin has never had an issue, and that goodness for MLTCPSend....

so... PLEASE... Dave, get us a stable MLHAI... serial or Ethernet (ethernet MUCH PREFERED), but would love a good version of this plugin sooner rather than later.....

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Tue May 13, 2008 8:43 pm

Dave P;
Why not package up what you have and simply post it as a beta? This has gone on way to long. I, and many others are getting extremily frustrated in the lack of attention that this plugin receives. It continues to this day to get pushed back by issues you feel are more pressing.

With me, I can play iTunes very well and have great connectivity with my DVD's and rain8, but I can not arm and disarm my home with the user codes I want, and I have a tough time turning the lights on and off, but once more, the music works great, so all this should not matter??

I know for a fact that you guys have lost several customers over Cinemars' lack of responsiveness with the issues surrounding this plugin. I lost a customer due to this.

You are not getting good press, and my friends, that better matter to you.
Thanks
Dave Bruner

cborod

Wed May 14, 2008 2:11 am

unfortunately the more we rant the only obvious result is our increased frustration.

I came to the realization that regardless how important this is to me, it lacks the same priority with Cinemar and that's their choice.

Having been burned by funding the first HAI release, i'll be very cautious about where I spend my time in the future. It was not a good investment.

This next release better be damn special, with lots of features, and a very short list of bugs.....IMNSHO .a repeat would be a mistake.

BuT I believe I may already have higher than realistic expectations. I just added an HAI snap link to the system abd the folks liked its speed and didn't mind shifting screens between HAI and ML. The speed and ease of use were incredible .
ChrisB

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Wed May 14, 2008 12:30 pm

The good news is that development of MLHAI is continuing. Your posts have not fallen on deaf ears and this is and always has been a priority for Cinemar. Not the highest priority (to be honest) as the impact on number of customer is minimal compared to the projects that we have now caught up on.

ricks

Wed May 14, 2008 4:12 pm

But shouldn't the fact that this plugin had been sold, not as beta but as production at full cost a year ago provide some ethical or moral weight to the priority scale? Or has ethical business mores gone out the window with Exxon, subprime mortgage lenders and health care companies? :wink:

ricks

Wed May 14, 2008 4:17 pm

Oh ya, usually when someone starts a sentence with "The good news is..." there's usually another sentence that says "But the bad news is..."

Since you left that out we can all assume that "the bad news is... still no MLHAI for the foreseeable future."

Rick

Return to “MLHAI”