DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Re: MLHAI TCP/IP Agent - Issues and Fixes

Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:47 pm

I will post this PM response here as well as we have been working on this thing for a week. Anyone else with a good idea is welcome!!
-------------
For a day, turn off the cameras and see if this is the issue. Start eliminating network connected items until you find it. Maybe look at inserting a sub-network for just the cameras, and bridge that to the main network. My guess is that it is the wireless cameras as they take lots of network traffic space to operate.

-------------
Thanks
Dave Bruner
:shock:

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:41 am

Oh Clever1;

What did you do to resolve?
Thanks
Dave Bruner

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:33 pm

Like I explained earlier the agent treats any communication issue with the panel or the hai.dll as severe. It will automatically close itself and the MLHAI plugin will launch another copy. This is what you are seeing. Send me your HAI Agent event log.
Dave - Well I used my own advice to others and direct connected my panel to the MLS and guess what - no errors at all in a week. My network is solid, bt my main switch was slow and old, so I installed a new switch. 4 days and no errors so far.

I guess either we can write it off or maybe add some additional fault tolerance into the driver. Either way, it looks like my issues are resolved.
Thanks
Dave Bruner

Clever1

Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:16 am

There are 4 ports on the back of my Linksys E3000 router one port connects to the MLServer, one to an 8 port switch, one to a 24 port switch in the office (over kill but it was given to me), and the other went to the wireless access point. The HAI panel was connected to the 8 port switch. I removed this connection and reconnected the HAI panel to the port on the router where the 24 port switch was connected and then connected the 24 port switch to the 8 port switch. ALL OF MY CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS TO THE PANEL WENT AWAY. AWESOME...

The only thing that I can see which has an issue in this configuration is the Pansonic PTZ camera in the Office. I hope to get to play with it soon and get it working again.

Return to “MLHAI”