pete_auto
Intermediate
Intermediate

Problem With “hai_keyboardbuffer"

Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:26 am

I am having a problem getting “hai_keyboardbuffer” to work. While trying to put the alarm on – say “day” mode, I am using the pre-made security keypad scene. The way I understand this should work is:

1. From the security keypad scene, user presses the 4 code keys – say 1234. This stores the code 1234 in the variable hai_keyboardbuffer.
2. User presses “Day” button. This should fire the command Macro|MLHAI|001~Security~Day~All~{{hai_keyboardbuffer}}!MLHAI|001~keypress~clear

When I follow the above procedure, nothing happens as the variable “hai_keyboardbuffer” is not being generated. Am I missing something?
I am using the TC-PIP agent, and am on Omni Pro II firmware 3.4 chip. All commands work just fine when fired individually via agent’s command builder, or via test buttons in ML Client. Just the hai_keyboardbuffer is not being created.

I do see the keypress~clear part execute in the server log. I do NOT see the variable hai_keyboardbuffer.

Can someone help.

Thanks in advance.

pete_auto
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Problem With “hai_keyboardbuffer"

Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:09 pm

Anyone knows the answer to this? I am still struggling with this.

DaveB - seems like you have used the TCPIP version of HAI plug-in to its full extent. Do you know what I may be doing wrong here?

Thanks

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:40 pm

Mine works fine; These are the commands; Make sure that you panel alias is set correctly. Mine is "001"

Number buttons: MLHAI|001~Keypress~1 (change the "1" to the actual button number)

Mode Buttons:
Disarm: MLServeCmd.Macro|MLHAI|001~Security~Disarm~All~{{hai_001_keyboardbuffer}}!MLHAI|001~Keypress~Clear

Arm Night: MLServeCmd.Macro|MLHAI|001~Security~Night~All~{{hai_001_keyboardbuffer}}!MLHAI|001~Keypress~Clear

and so on.....

Clear Button: MLHAI|001~Keypress~Clear

Procedure; User enters a four digit code followed by a mode button press. The code is buffered and the mode key presssends the mode, the code and then flushed the buffer out.

Let me know what else you may need.
Thanks
Dave Bruner
:shock:

pete_auto
Intermediate
Intermediate

Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:24 pm

Arm Night: MLServeCmd.Macro|MLHAI|001~Security~Night~All~{{hai_001_keyboardbuffer}}!MLHAI|001~Keypress~Clear
Hi Dave,
Thanks for the help. The "001" from hai_001_keyboardbuffer was missing from my commands. I added that back, and it works like a charm. Thanks very much for your help.
Regards

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:14 pm

Happy to assist!! :D
Thanks
Dave Bruner
:shock:

Return to “MLHAI”