DavidL
Founder
Founder

MLGrandConcerto Plugin

Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:16 pm

Beta thread for the MLGrandConcerto Plugin.

When posting your beta results, please indicate that it is for the MLGrandConcerto plugin, and the version you are testing. You should be testing the latest version. If you encounter an issue, make sure you are using the latest.

Please keep all testing feedback in this Insteon beta forum in a new thread. Subscribe to this thread to get notice when there are updates and keep this thread clean so only Cinemar notices are posted here.

Beta testing info (see About Beta Testing section):
http://www.cinemaronlineforums.com/wiki ... ?title=FAQ

Documentation Wiki:
http://www.cinemaronlineforums.com/wiki ... rto_Plugin

Download Link:
via MLInstaller

Eight Beta version release - Release Candidate
v 3.0.112
Fixed error

Seventh Beta version release
v 3.0.103
Fixed error

Sixth Beta version release
v 3.0.97
Fixed error

Fifth Beta version release
v 3.0.92
Extended beta period

Fourth Beta version release
v 3.0.87
Added keypad macro capability

Third Beta version release
v 3.0.86

changed baud rate to spec.

Second Beta version release
v 3.0.78
With later beta timeout.
First Beta version release
v 3.0.73
Last edited by DavidL on Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:33 am, edited 9 times in total.

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:20 pm

Okay, I finally got my Moxa DE-311 serial to TCP coverter. I've configured everything properly (COM8, 57.6k, 8, n, 1) and checked via HyperTerminal (I receive status in the terminal when keypad changes happen).

When I go to the configuration page for the plugin (3.0.73), "Settings" and go to the "Device Control" tab, pick "Serial Port" and the COM ports are not populated. I can type in the field and have tried "COM8" and "8" without any luck. The "Event Log" tab show lots of errors happening but I think the COM port part needs to be fixed first.

Thanks!

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:30 pm

make sure hyperpport and any other serial software is not connected to the comm 8.

Reboot just in case and just start mlserver from the get go (after it has been configured).

I would also recommend using a motherboard com port first. Get that working, and then throw in the ethernet adapter to isolate issues. Please do that first, and advise.

If the Nuvo is hard to move, put MLServer and the MLGC plugin on a laptop and try it next to the Nuvo.

We have had a few user using this plugin with no com issues. So, my finger is pointing right now to the ethernet adapter.

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:22 pm

Funny, as I have no laptops with serial ports but I do still have a means I can use later tonight or tomorrow.

To follow-up on the other suggestions:

1) Hyper-terminal was not running when I tried to use MLS and the plugin.
2) I have rebooted the server, shutdown all programs (there are many) and still there is no change. When I click Serial Port the drop down is not populated.
3) I also started the NPort monitor and it never shows COM8 being opened.
4) I attempted to use "COM8" and "8" in the drop down, but no luck. The event tab shows errors connecting to "GC100" so it's not even picking up the Serial Port change.
5) I created a dummy button on a scene with the following command:
MLServeCmd.MLRS232Send|ASCII~8~57600,n,8,1~*Z5POWER~1
AND it WORKS, the zone toggles its power.

I'm hoping some of the above will help prior to me dragging the docking station and tablet from the kitchen into the closet :lol: but I will if it'll truly help.

Follow-up... I created the following while cooking dinner:

When the mlmediacenter...curtitle changes the following macro is executed -

Macro|MLRS232Send|ASCII~8~57600,n,8,1~*S3DISPLINE1"Music Server"~1!MLPause|1!MLRS232Send|ASCII~8~57600,n,8,1~*S3DISPLINE2" "~1!MLPause|1!MLRS232Send|ASCII~8~57600,n,8,1~*S3DISPLINE3"{{mlmediacenter_rivendell_zone 1_curartist}}"~1!MLPause|1!MLRS232Send|ASCII~8~57600,n,8,1~*S3DISPLINE4"{{mlmediacenter_rivendell_zone 1_curtitle}}"~1

Everything is properly updated upon song changes. So I would say the COM port is working perfectly.

Thanks!

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:11 pm

Okay, I've now taken the time to install MLS and the beta plugin on our X41 Tablet w/Vista. A completely different environment than our actual MLS server (P4 2.4/2g/XP Pro). And guess what, it's the exact same problem! If I click on the "Serial Port" then drop down is NEVER populated and although I can type in the field the values are never accepted. Sorry, but I don't have a terminal emulation program for Vista to verify but that computer does have the Nuvo configuration software, which works perfectly fine.

Is there a different version of this plugin than the one being supplied above (v3.0.73)? I've got two completely different machine and XP/Vista with the exact same problem. Is there a serial port plugin I should be running (grasping for straws).

Let me know what additional information you need, hopefully this small issue can be resolved quickly.

Thanks!

- Jeff

90CE
Developer
Developer

Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:37 pm

Found the issue. A new one will be uploaded shortly. Hopefully this will take care of your issue.

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:53 pm

MLGrandConcerto updated.

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:06 pm

smoothtlk wrote:MLGrandConcerto updated.
It's just been one of those days so far....

I've downloaded from the link above but I'm still getting the 3.0.73 version dated 8/31. Are you sure the link above is pointing to the new release?

- Jeff

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:54 pm

Hmm, it looked good, but I didn't look close. I republished and uploaded. Try again.

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:02 pm

smoothtlk wrote:Hmm, it looked good, but I didn't look close. I republished and uploaded. Try again.
Yes, the link is now pointing to the 3.0.78 version.

I'm now seeing the zones populated on the first screen (that wasn't happening before) and I can now select the com port radio and the drop-down is properly populated.

New BUGS:

1) After selecting my com port the setting doesn't take effect, I had to shutdown MLS and restart.
2) After the restart I get the following error in the event log:
Error 9 (Subscript out of range) @ Line 130 in procedure LoadRegistry of modSharedCode

As time permits today I'll see how everything works...

Thanks!

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:12 pm

This plugin needs the ability to send the Source Display Line (S?DISPLINE?) command. Prior to getting this plugin working I was sending my own commands to update the Source 4 display lines with the Title, Artist, and Time (duration and length).

When the artist changes:
Macro|MLRS232Send|ASCII~8~57600,n,8,1~*S4DISPLINE1"Music Server"~1!MLPause|1!MLRS232Send|ASCII~8~57600,n,8,1~*S4DISPLINE2" "~1!MLPause|1!MLRS232Send|ASCII~8~57600,n,8,1~*S4DISPLINE3"{{mlmediacenter_rivendell_zone 1_curartist}}"~1!MLPause|1!MLRS232Send|ASCII~8~57600,n,8,1~*S4DISPLINE4"{{mlmediacenter_rivendell_zone 1_curtitle}}"~1!MLRS232Send|ASCII~8~57600,n,8,1~*S4DISPLINE3"{{mlmediacenter_rivendell_zone 1_curartist}}"~1!MLPause|1!MLRS232Send|ASCII~8~57600,n,8,1~*S4DISPLINE4"{{mlmediacenter_rivendell_zone 1_curtitle}}"~1!MLMATH|MULTIPLY~mlmediacenter_rivendell_zone 1_curtitleduration10~{{mlmediacenter_rivendell_zone 1_curtitleduration}}~10

When the percent complete changes:
Macro|MLMATH|MULTIPLY~mlmediacenter_rivendell_zone 1_curtitleposition10~{{mlmediacenter_rivendell_zone 1_curtitleposition}}~10!MLRS232Send|ASCII~8~57600,n,8,1~*S4DISPINFO,{{mlmediacenter_rivendell_zone 1_curtitleduration10}},{{mlmediacenter_rivendell_zone 1_curtitleposition10}},0~1

Yes, it's rather hard coded but this is a working proof of concept....

Because of RS232 traffic (large amounts of Radio data) I'm sending the title & artist twice. I was hoping this plugin would handle the RS232 traffic so I could send/set the artist title once.

Would this be an easy enhancement to implement? Or does Cinemar have plans to connect the MuL and GC plugin together? The above really increased the WAF!!!

I dream of being able to select playlists from the GC keypads but one thing at a time.

- Jeff

90CE
Developer
Developer

Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:42 pm

Should be able to do it. I just need to dig up my Nuvo documents to see the exact command. So I make sure what you are asking for,

1. Allow you to send the S Display command
2. Create a variable the is 10x the current position variable

Is that correct. If so, should have a new version for you to test shortly.

90CE
Developer
Developer

Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:26 pm

Added the following variables:

_DurationSecs = 10x Duration
_PositionSecs = 10x Position

Added the following commands:

Set_Display_Text_Line~Source~Line#~Text
Source_Display_Info~Source~Duration~Position~Status

Should have a new version released later tonight.

Let me know how it works and if you need anything else.

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:30 pm

90CE wrote:Should be able to do it. I just need to dig up my Nuvo documents to see the exact command. So I make sure what you are asking for,

1. Allow you to send the S Display command
2. Create a variable the is 10x the current position variable

Is that correct. If so, should have a new version for you to test shortly.
To both of them, yes (DISPINFO & DISPLINE). If I don't have to do the math myself anymore that would be perfect!

If you check the Serial Protocol manual v0.6 -

section 7.1 is DISPLINE (pg 13)
section 7.3 is DISPINFO (shows a nice track bar at the bottom) (pg 14)

What about the ability to simply send a generic command?!?! Just to cover something that might not be included right now...

- Thanks!

90CE
Developer
Developer

Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:45 pm

Could you send me those docs? My version does not have those commands.

I will check and make sure that I have the commands listed in the latest docs.

Thanks

Return to “MLNuvo”