ebr
Intermediate
Intermediate

Command Reference

Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:44 pm

I will make the first post and request a comprehensive command reference for MLServer and the main client products (ML, DVDL, etc.).

One place to see the syntax and descriptions of all commands would be immensely helpful.

Also, define the notation conventions of the documentation such that there are no conflicts with the syntax of the actual language.

Thanks for the great product and the opportunity to help make it better.

ricks
Is there life beyond myServer?
Is there life beyond myServer?

Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:40 pm

Similar to ebr's post, I must admit I learned ML by using the MLCheatSheet. That was priceless in getting up to speed quickly. Product release documents tend to get verbose and therefore may not be referenced as often. They are great for familiarizing yourself with the product and its capabilities but maybe not as helpful for the day to day stuff.

So, very nice idea creating a forum for document enhancements but could there also be a repository for enhancements to the MLCheatSheet? Maybe something as informal as this forum. I know I'm asking a lot but the old "cook book" method is very effective with a product like this.

Thanks for listening.

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:29 pm

ricks, all of the pertinent portions of the "cheat sheet" were moved into their respective "official" documentation.

If you can find specifics, that is what we can efficiently add to the docs.

There won't be a master docs list as we are evaluating working on an even better solution that will take a long time to work out and implement. But, the technical architecture is there to do it.

PeterM1
Expert
Expert

Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:58 pm

smoothtlk wrote:ricks, all of the pertinent portions of the "cheat sheet" were moved into their respective "official" documentation.

If you can find specifics, that is what we can efficiently add to the docs.

There won't be a master docs list as we are evaluating working on an even better solution that will take a long time to work out and implement. But, the technical architecture is there to do it.
Is there any reason why a Wiki can't be setup with the old cheat sheet doc for starters? I'm sure that several people here would have no prob making minor or even major contributions to the old doc.

This would be a supplement for the official docs where people can go and do a quick search for commands etc. Searching the forum is not really (was it ever?) efficient.

Just my 2c.

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Wed May 16, 2007 2:55 pm

Cinemar now has a Documentation Wiki as per your request
www.cinemaronlineforums.com/wiki

PeterM1
Expert
Expert

Wed May 16, 2007 11:07 pm

good stuff =D>