DavidL
Founder
Founder

Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:44 pm

MLMenu updated. Make sure you Export and then backup your MLMenu.mdb before shutting down MLServer3 and performing update as the database is required to be replaced with the new one that ships with the plugin. Import your settings into the new database on MLServer3 relaunch.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:37 pm

Smooth;
Old version still on the server. Looks like more FTP issues.
Thanks
Dave Bruner
:shock:

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:28 am

v 3.0.195 uploaded.

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:01 am

MLMenu plugin updated.

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:24 am

Update posted to MLInstaller for MLMenu. Read the update log.

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:28 pm

New MLMenu release posted.

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:19 pm

Okay... I looked at it when it first came out... but now I'm trying to figure it out and will absolutely use it to replace my menus. I love it.

This looks like the best menu method available for ML to me. I'd like to see more people using it, as it'd get more development / ideas the more it's used.

I was wondering why it's not used in the default / demo / sample 0019 scenes that are part of all the new releases... and it occurred to me that it's probably because it requires a license to use it.

I know it may be more trouble than it's worth, but I think it'd be really cool if Cinemar released a full MLMenu database with ALL the new demo stuff. Ideally, I think it'd be cool if everyone could see this thing work, but perhaps couldn't modify it or something like that? I'd like it just to be able to get a view of all those cool demo scenes that are rather convoluted to peruse since the menus of them are hard-coded, overlapping, ever-changing, and varied as one installs various plugins.

$.02 as usual. 8)

Great work! =D>

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:08 pm

Greg; I can tell you that so far - it is working great. I am still getting my brain around some new ways of thinking about menu structure. You will see what I mean when you start working with it. We are so engrained that the screen must change when you press a button, that it is hard to get away from that structure. This addition to the system has changed the entire way my system acts.
Thanks
Dave Bruner

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:15 pm

I believe it.

It was a big change for me when I started with the pull-down menus.

It was another change when I went to the dynamic menus. These are what I'm using now. They're very similar to MLMenu, but macro driven instead of plugin driven (otherwise identical), but they don't have a "drill down / slide out" option. That's the thing I'm quite interested in seeing someone else's implementation on.

Though my current format is more function than form, it does some things very well that I think all UIs should do: consistent location of consistently essential functions, such as main menu buttons, temp, date, clock, volume (main and current zone), now playing - stuff like that.

The slide out function can add to this very well, I think, if it's implemented with restraint: it can keep a static top-level menu in one place and offer an "on demand" secondary menu location (or more than one, if appropriate) for specific scenes. I've done some of this in my UI, but I think the standardization made easier with MLMenu really favors this.

Does any of this ring true for your implementations? or are you mostly using it to change the content of a menu that remains in the same place?

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:24 pm

You have mostly hit it on the head. Due to my setup, I do not use many slide out menu structures due to speed issues. I use airpanels that are wireless, with only one hard wired fast panel.

Consistancy is the key with command buttons and mine are always in the same location on every screen. The user always knows where to go and what to expect.

THere are a few items that need to be added to the MLMenu driver, like some better color control and so on, but it is early, and a new concept.

After this weekend, I could package up my menu structure if you would like and send to you to take a look. I have about 60 or so scenes or commands overall.
Thanks
Dave Bruner

90CE
Developer
Developer

Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:32 pm

I use pop out menus quite a bit. I have a couple setup so that they use a color to track the state of the button. If you like, I can post my database and menus.

Tracy

cborod
Is there life beyond myServer?
Is there life beyond myServer?

Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:17 am

i for one would appreciate the ability to "look over your shoulder".

Now that i've settled on a "look" with the new lodge guigrafx, i want to incorporate mlmenu.....and right now, i'm gathering all the info i can before a deep dive into adaptation.
ChrisB

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:02 pm

DaveB wrote:After this weekend, I could package up my menu structure if you would like and send to you to take a look. I have about 60 or so scenes or commands overall.
Please make it so, kind sir! ;)

jstaab

Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:59 am

Would it be possible to define more then 10 menus? Can we have an option to add more if needed? The dynamic menus are cool, however, this would also be great for managing static menus as well all in one logical place.

jstaab

Stuck in a loop

Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:24 am

Using the demo scenes, everytime I click on the Internet Radio button, the event log MLServer starts repeatedly looping through the two messages pasted below, eventually the CPU goes to 100 percent and eventually locks up. I was attempting to see how the popup menu works with MLMenu.

3/18/2008 12:15:25 AM MLCMD Neo MLCommand [setProperty|visible~4~Button0~False]
3/18/2008 12:15:26 AM Processing (2) Neo MLCmd|Neo~setProperty|visible~4~Button0~False

Return to “User Interface Support”