deanb2

Export file location

Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:21 pm

Love the plugin, but its export function has the same problem as the one for the MLInsteonPLM plugin - it is hard-coded to go to C:\Program Files\MLServer\Data and not to the directory where MLServer is actually installed.

Always wondered why my exports never worked, but I never got an error messages, either.

Dean

90CE
Developer
Developer

Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:14 am

Sorry Dean, I copied the MLMenu export directly from the PLM code. I will try to get both fixed this weekend.

Is the rest of the plugin working well?

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:38 am

Dean,
Not too many have tried MLMenu yet...can you provide some additional comments on what you see so far, what you think you would use it for and what you think it needs additionally (and any bugs you see, of course :) )

deanb2

Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:46 pm

Sure. I was using the 0019a scenes that someone had posted, but they required a lot of server interaction and a lot of variables. Plus it seemed like a lot of setup to add or change things in it. I also liked a lot of things that gregoryx had done as well.

So far MLMenu seems to much simpler to to configure and has a lower server load.

The only bug that I've run across is that sometimes either the export or switching to another menu seems to mess with the menu order - I did the export (after making directories on a fake C: drive ;-), and a bunch of mliport buttons showed up in the top level.

Dean

90CE
Developer
Developer

Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:31 pm

Dean:
This seems to happen after the export. If you save the menu, it should reorder the database and fix your issue.

Tracy

Return to “User Interface Support”