AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Re: MusicLobby 4

Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:11 pm

I just updated the MusicLobby app so that it will no longer hold the list of music files to import in memory. Instead it stores the list in the database. I imported 11,860 tracks from my collection without any issues. Hopefully, this will resolve your issues too.

deanb2

Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:20 pm

Yup, works good, thanks.

First time I ran it, it timed out after 12 hours.
Turns out I had a folder with an extended character in it (Motörhead), which showed up in Windows as a blank name, causing the file scan to endlessly loop, since it would get to this file and process it as W:\.

JRIver can scan the folder without issue, so it is probably using a different method to walk the directories.

Anyway, renamed the folder and all is good,

randyf

MusicLobby and Playlists

Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:57 pm

This may seem like a silly question but how do I get the UI to recognize a new playlist? In Content Manager, I only have one playlist location defined and I added a new playlist file to that location. But when I go to the web UI in the Music section and use the Playlists button, I don't see the new playlist. What's the trick to get the playlist overlay to display the items from my playlist file location?

Thanks

simonmason
Is there life beyond myServer?

Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:00 am

randyf - Things to check: Monitor playlist folder and enabled are checked in the Musiclobby server applet under playlists. Make sure the playlists are of a supported type - not sure where the list is but there are a lot of playlist formats out there. Then turn on verbose logging and force a scan in the musiclobby applet and watch the log to see what it does. It might give you some clues.
Simon D. S. Mason

randyf

Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:35 pm

Thanks for the guidance Simon. I have all of the things you mentioned setup and active and I clicked the button to manually scan the playlist folders and that process completed successfully - I can now see my updated playlists in the UI. The playlist format I'm using is the .m3u format.

This next part is probably more for Dave. I dug around in the log files for the past couple of days to see if there was anything that stood out. So it looks like ML does an automatic scan of the music/playlist folders starting at 3am each night (which I think I read in another post somewhere). In the logs at that time, I see where ML starts to scan the playlist and music folders, but a few seconds later, I'm seeing this error message:

Code: Select all

PlaylistsImport Error at PlaylistsImport at line #7996 - Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
This error has happened the past several days so it seems that the nightly playlist process is having a problem, at least on my machine. The music scan completes successfully.

The other question I have is that I see a playlist named "PRIMARY" in the list. That is not one of the playlist files that I have and I'm not sure where its coming from. I'd like to remove this one if possible.

Thanks

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:29 pm

Is the folder, or any of its sub-folders, seeing and file creation/deletion activity while the scan is running? The message implies that files were added or removed while the scanner was looking for all eligible playlist files.

randyf

Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:42 pm

I'm guessing you mean the play list folder? There is only one folder and it doesn't have any sub-folders. I have a d:\Playlists folder which contains the individual .m3u files for my playlists and I have a separate folder named d:\Music for all of my music files. There is no known application or process that updates these folders in the middle of the night. The only way they get updated is manually by me.

I will check and see if maybe my antivirus software is doing something at that time that may be causing that. That would be the thing I can think of that might cause an activity against the folder.

Thanks

simonmason

Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:38 am

Related to this - is there a command to force MLServer to import playlists? I looked in Command Builder and I can't find anything. I would like to call it automatically when I update my playlists. I copy the playlists into a specific folder using Syncback and would like to kick off a playlist import after the copy has completed. Thanks.
Simon D. S. Mason

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:49 pm

Musiclobby|ScanFolders is the command you are looking for.

randyf

Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:52 pm

Just following up on this:
Is the folder, or any of its sub-folders, seeing and file creation/deletion activity while the scan is running? The message implies that files were added or removed while the scanner was looking for all eligible playlist files.
I installed a utility that monitor directories for changes and I left it running the past couple of days and there were no additions or changes to my music or playlist folders while ML was performing its scan at 3am (which still generated the same error).

I then used Command Builder to execute the Musiclobby|ScanFolders command and it generated the same error as the 3am scan. Next, I opened the MusicLobby app, went to the Playlists tab and clicked the refresh playlist button and the scan worked without getting an error.

Not that big of a deal for me as I don't add new playlists that often and I can manually refresh them. Let me know if there is anything else you want me to try.

Thanks

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:05 pm

Thanks. I'm looking at it. The odd bit is that both methods are running the same ScanFolders routine.

bigbrother
Intermediate
Intermediate

Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:10 pm

Is there anyway to permanently remove a track or multiple tracks from the top 100 list without deleting the tracks completely? IE:edit how many times a track has been played in mul?

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:32 am

Not through MusicLobby. You'd have to issue a SQL query to reset the play count on the album_tracks table in the database for the tracks in question. You could install SQL Management Studio and do it using their query tools.

bigbrother
Intermediate
Intermediate

Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:42 pm

That was a long process.
Any way to add an editable play column to MuL?
That would help add/remove songs to the top 100

Thanks for the help.

BB

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:23 pm

Not sure what you mean by adding an editable play column? Where? What would it do?

Return to “MLServer 4 Applets”