Expert
Expert

Re: Generic IP Camera Driver

Sat May 30, 2015 9:39 am

it is mjpeg form mat

Synergy_Tech

Sat May 30, 2015 12:24 pm

Thanks for the camera updates with zoom. Whenever you get back into the driver, Is it possible to add variables per camera that indicates whether a camera "can" Pan/Tilt and "can" center, and "can" zoom? This way I can present those buttons only if the camera supports it. IE if I populated those functions in the driver, I would assume it supports it. For now I'll manually add all those variables. video_#_zoom, video_x_pt: I'm going to assume pan and tilt are always together, as well as center and scan if it does P/T. Zoom is it's own thing.

Art, what I did to address this was just added some variables into the system.startup macro so my cameras have have PTZ controls will display the buttons and the other cameras don't.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Sat May 30, 2015 1:50 pm

Ok. Thanks. I ended up adding a set of property variables and now only present the appropriate functions when they can be used.

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Sat May 30, 2015 3:30 pm

I just modified the driver to add a ZoomStop command. Also, you will see new CanZoom, CanPan, CanTilt server variables for each camera. If a Pan, Tilt or Zoom command has been defined then the variable will be 1 else 0.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Sat May 30, 2015 5:30 pm

Awesome!! Thanks

Return to “MLServer 4 Device Drivers”