AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Re: iTunesSync Driver Released

Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:28 pm

Sync will only do anything if the timestamp on the iTunes xml file is later than the last time it ran. FullSync runs regardless of timestamp. The driver evidentially cannot find the iTunes xml file. I may have to remote in to look.

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:48 pm

Sync will only do anything if the timestamp on the iTunes xml file is later than the last time it ran. FullSync runs regardless of timestamp. The driver evidentially cannot find the iTunes xml file. I may have to remote in to look.
Dave,

I finally figured it out, Apple has disabled the XML file by default now as of iTunes v12.2... so my XML file was missing. To re-enable the XML file:

Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced

Make sure the checkbox for "Share iTunes Library XML with other applications" is checked.

Once I checked this box my XML file was immediately restored.

Sorry for the noise... Will watch the Track Artist variables once the import is completed.

Thanks!

- Jeff

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:36 pm

Just updated the MusicLobby app. Let me know what it looks like now.
Dave,

The appending of the track artist appears to be fixed but I am still seeing "Various Artists" (the album artist) in the track artist variable. Is it supposed to be this way as I thought MuL properly handled compilation albums (ie; the "Now" series, Time Life series)? Again, not sure if it's iTunesSync related or MuL related, although I am leaning towards MuL at this point because iTunes properly handles everything.

- Jeff

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:19 pm

I didn't look at the Various Artists issue but that would like in the iTunes sync driver. I guess those they should be ignored too. I'll address that in the sync driver.

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:44 pm

I didn't look at the Various Artists issue but that would like in the iTunes sync driver. I guess those they should be ignored too. I'll address that in the sync driver.
Dave,

Any word yet? The track artist information is in the XML file just fine and I'd really like to avoid spending $2k for a "stand-alone" Nuvo music server when MainLobby basically has everything once this and the character set issue are addressed.

Code: Select all

<dict> <key>Track ID</key><integer>2472</integer> <key>Size</key><integer>10401745</integer> <key>Total Time</key><integer>254746</integer> <key>Disc Number</key><integer>1</integer> <key>Disc Count</key><integer>1</integer> <key>Track Number</key><integer>20</integer> <key>Track Count</key><integer>20</integer> <key>Year</key><integer>2003</integer> <key>Date Modified</key><date>2014-07-14T20:51:30Z</date> <key>Date Added</key><date>2016-01-24T18:48:35Z</date> <key>Bit Rate</key><integer>320</integer> <key>Sample Rate</key><integer>44100</integer> <key>Play Count</key><integer>15</integer> <key>Play Date</key><integer>3523425822</integer> <key>Play Date UTC</key><date>2015-08-26T13:23:42Z</date> <key>Skip Count</key><integer>1</integer> <key>Skip Date</key><date>2012-05-24T18:31:05Z</date> <key>Rating</key><integer>60</integer> <key>Album Rating</key><integer>60</integer> <key>Album Rating Computed</key><true/> <key>Compilation</key><true/> <key>Artwork Count</key><integer>1</integer> <key>Persistent ID</key><string>A6CAA144BF88034A</string> <key>Track Type</key><string>File</string> <key>File Folder Count</key><integer>-1</integer> <key>Library Folder Count</key><integer>-1</integer> <key>Name</key><string>When I'm Gone</string> <key>Artist</key><string>3 Doors Down</string> <key>Album Artist</key><string>Various Artists</string> <key>Album</key><string>Now That's What I Call Music 12</string> <key>Grouping</key><string>Various Artists</string> <key>Genre</key><string>Rock/Pop</string> <key>Kind</key><string>AAC audio file</string> <key>Location</key><string>file://localhost//HYPERION/music/library.aac/3%20Doors%20Down/Now%20That's%20What%20I%20Call%20Music%2012/3%20Doors%20Down%20-%20Now%20That's%20What%20I%20Call%20Music%2012%20-%20When%20I'm%20Gone.m4a</string> </dict>
Specific snippets from the above sample:

<key>Compilation</key><true/>
<key>Artist</key><string>3 Doors Down</string>
<key>Album Artist</key><string>Various Artists</string>

So you can clearly see the Track Artist (aka; Artist) is present and properly displayed on all our other devices.

Thanks!

- Jeff

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:38 pm

Jeff, zip and email your current xml file to me.

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:00 pm

Jeff, zip and email your current xml file to me.
Sent you a PM w/the zip file attached.

Thanks

- Jeff

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:13 am

Dave,

So now I have a new machine and have been going through the long process to reconfigure MLS.

I do apologize but I cannot for the life of me figure out iTunesSync....

The latest error:

Code: Select all

3/6/2016 11:01:31 AM ProcessCommand Cmd=[1~FullSync] Client=[MyClient1] 3/6/2016 11:01:31 AM Sync No MusicLobby Network Path Defined 3/6/2016 11:01:31 AM Sync No MusicLobby Network Path Defined 3/6/2016 11:01:31 AM Sync No MusicLobby Network Path Defined 3/6/2016 11:04:41 AM ProcessCommand Cmd=[1~FullSync] Client=[MyClient1] 3/6/2016 11:04:41 AM Sync No MusicLobby Network Path Defined 3/6/2016 11:04:41 AM Sync No MusicLobby Network Path Defined 3/6/2016 11:04:41 AM Sync No MusicLobby Network Path Defined 3/6/2016 11:08:12 AM Sync No MusicLobby Network Path Defined 3/6/2016 11:08:12 AM Sync No MusicLobby Network Path Defined 3/6/2016 11:08:12 AM Sync No MusicLobby Network Path Defined
I have looked at MusicLobby and cannot figure out for the life of me what it needs. I even initialized the MusicLobby database thinking that could be the problem but nothing changed.

Please let me know what in the world I am missing....

UPDATE:

Still cannot get the thing working. I have also completely changed the configuration of "everything" to what I originally wanted. I am now syncing all of the xml file instances with our ownCloud server and pulling them back down to the HA server. So now the XML files all exist on the local MLS machine in their respective directories (ie; iTunes\jeff, iTunes\joellen, etc).

Thanks!

- Jeff

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:01 pm

No MusicLobby network path defined means that there is no library defined in MusicLobby or the driver does not have rights to access it.

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:00 pm

No MusicLobby network path defined means that there is no library defined in MusicLobby or the driver does not have rights to access it.
Dave,

I can only assume this is a driver/rights issue but I cannot see anything obviously wrong... As per another thread regarding a clean Windows 10 installation I have already granted the "Users" group full control of the \Program Files(x86)\Cinemar directory structure. I have also done multiple resets of the MusicLobby database through both the MusicLobby app and the Content Manager tool.

I will PM you the TeamViewer details but please let me know what additional I can try.

Thanks!

- Jeff

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:49 am

Everyone,

Has anyone else done a clean Windows 10 install and is using iTunesSync?

Dave,

Still non-functional....

Taking your statement from above that there is no library defined, I assume that to mean the local database? Therefore, running with the assumption performing a database initialization through MusicLobby and ContentManager did not create said database/library, I defined a "watch folder" and had it import a small set of mp3 successfully. I then removed the watch folder, reinitialized the database (through MusicLobby) and issued the fullsync command for iTunesSync. Received the exact same error message.

Therefore I would assume this is a permissions problem but I have absolutely no idea where....

Thanks

- Jeff

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:01 pm

I will have an opportunity to work on this tomorrow (Wednesday). Update tomorrow.

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:07 pm

I will have an opportunity to work on this tomorrow (Wednesday). Update tomorrow.
I know you logged in and attempted to fix the issue a few weeks ago without success because it must be a network share. I am extremely frustrated because I cannot get any of the network shares from the family workstations working properly so I had the brilliant idea to simply keep the ownCloud setup and create a "local" share to reference (\\jarvis\itunes). I have also changed the Windows 10 settings to disable account/password requirements. But, I continue to receive the "Sync - No MusicLobby Netowrk Path Defined" error when attempting to force a FullSync or Sync.

This is a straight Windows 10 installation, I haven't even added Norton yet ....

Thoughts?

- Jeff

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:16 pm

I will have to remote in and look at how the shares have been defined and their permissions. Make sure to send me updated TV info.

Return to “MLServer 4 Device Drivers”