AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Re: iTunesSync Driver Released

Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:05 pm

You can have it point to multiple workstations but it will merge all the music on the multiple workstations into one master collection. You have to create shares on each PC that point to the folder where the iTunes xml file resides. Typically the C:\Users\<<username>>\Music folder.

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:25 pm

Dave,

Sorry, posted a reply then re-read the instructions on the first post only to realize I didn't follow the instructions.... so, carefully following the instruction I still cannot get it working.

I reduced everything to just getting my own workstation functioning and will add the other two later....

MLS Server is current (as-of last weekend, running Windows 7 Pro)
JEFF-WS is current (as of "now", running Windows 10 Pro) [homeseer user is defined w/same password as on MLS Server and granted read-only access to the iTunes directory]

Scenario #1 (Following instructions)

Go to Family Manager
Add the AV instance for iTunesSync / Sync Daemon and network address "JEFF-WS"

The Family Device Driver immediately throws an error:

Code: Select all

8/1/2015 3:53:34 PM PopulateDevices Error at PopulateDevices at line #188 - Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Cinemar\MLServer\JEFF-WS'.
Scenario #2
Go to Family Manager
Change the network address to "\\JEFF-WS"

The Family Device Driver immediately throws an error:

8/1/2015 3:54:03 PM PopulateDevices Error at PopulateDevices at line #188 - The UNC path should be of the form \\server\share.
Scenario #3
Go to Family Manager
Change the network address to the full share path: "\\jeff-ws\Users\jdool\Music\iTunes"

The Family Device Driver does not report anything, not even after sitting for 20 minutes.

MLS Server Event log states:

Devices.AfterCommitEdit - Error at iGridItems_AfterCommitEdit at line #683 - String or binary data would be truncated. The statement has been terminated.

EDIT
Scenario #4
Based upon the MLS Server Event log error I created a specific named share: \\jeff-ws\iTunes

Go to Family Manager
Change the network address to the named share path: "\\jeff-ws\iTunes"

The Family Device Driver does not report anything, but I can now see AV8/ITSJEFF w/the share....

Currently waiting to see if it does anything as everything appears idle.....

EDIT 2

It has been about two hours now and nothing is has changed, everything appears idle, no error in MLS or the Family Device Driver (iTuneSync). I allowed this much time in case something was actually happening, it normally take 45 minutes to catalog our library and import the playlists with MusicLobby.

The MLS Server user ID is able to see the directory and read the xml database file without password prompting, and I could load the file into notepad without issue.

Suggestions?

Thanks!
- Jeff

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:19 pm

Let me remote into your PC so I can see how it is configured and what the network looks like. It's the only way we'll get to the bottom of it.

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:39 am

Let me remote into your PC so I can see how it is configured and what the network looks like. It's the only way we'll get to the bottom of it.
TeamViewer details shared in PM...

Thanks!

- Jeff

cjr181

Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:00 pm

I'm receiving the same PopulateDevices error mentioned above. Just curious if this was resolved.

Thanks,
CJ

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:06 am

I'm receiving the same PopulateDevices error mentioned above. Just curious if this was resolved.
At the moment the issue has not been resolved but that is my fault as Dave could not remotely connect since I had the current version of TeamViewer installed (v10). I took the time yesterday to downgrade it to the last v9 version and provided him with the connectivity details.

- Jeff

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:08 pm

In both cases the issue was that the path to the iTunes xml file was not defined in the description field in Family Manager. The Address field just contains the name of the PC where the iTunes database resides. The Description field then contains the path (folder name) to the iTunes xml file.

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:16 pm

Dave,

I fully admit to user error, although personally I am baffled as I am sure I tried every combination....

The next "new" problem for me (also sent in a PM) is the trackarist is incorrect (ie; Various Artists) as it continues to grow for no apparent reason... A Christmas song by Elvis just played and the trackarist is listed as "Elvis Presley, Elvis Presley, Elvis Presley, Elvis Presley, Elvis Presley". And, as I type this the song has changed, with the previous track artist showing five Elvis Presley's and the current track artist as "Celtic Woman, Celtic Woman, Celtic Woman, Celtic Woman, Celtic Woman". Also the next track artist is shown as "Celtic Woman, Celtic Woman, Celtic Woman, Celtic Woman, Celtic Woman" ....

Finally, "Various Artists" is being filled in for TrackArtist where I know the individual track artist is provided... right now I see "Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists" (pick any CD collection of songs; ie; Time Life, Now That's Christmas, etc).

FYI: It is great to have this working and no longer have a random song not on the playlist being playing! But, now to figure out a naming scheme for everyone since we'll be having three personal libraries shared....

Thanks!

- Jeff

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:19 am

Dave,

Figured you were away for the holidays....

As stated previously I don't know if this is MusicLobby or iTunesSync but the Track artist list continues to grow in length (previously was 3-5 instances, now 28!).

The following two instance are m4a encoded tracks:

music_source1_trackartist=AC/DC, AC/DC, AC/DC, AC/DC, AC/DC, AC/DC, AC/DC, AC/DC, AC/DC, AC/DC, AC/DC, AC/DC, AC/DC, AC/DC, AC/DC, AC/DC, AC/DC, AC/DC, AC/DC, AC/DC, AC/DC, AC/DC, AC/DC, AC/DC, AC/DC, AC/DC, AC/DC, AC/DC music_source1_trackartist=Maroon 5, Maroon 5, Maroon 5, Maroon 5, Maroon 5, Maroon 5, Maroon 5, Maroon 5, Maroon 5, Maroon 5, Maroon 5, Maroon 5, Maroon 5, Maroon 5, Maroon 5, Maroon 5, Maroon 5, Maroon 5, Maroon 5, Maroon 5, Maroon 5, Maroon 5, Maroon 5, Maroon 5, Maroon 5, Maroon 5, Maroon 5, Maroon 5 music_source1_trackartist=Echosmith, Echosmith, Echosmith, Echosmith, Echosmith, Echosmith, Echosmith, Echosmith, Echosmith, Echosmith, Echosmith, Echosmith, Echosmith, Echosmith, Echosmith, Echosmith, Echosmith, Echosmith, Echosmith, Echosmith, Echosmith, Echosmith, Echosmith, Echosmith, Echosmith, Echosmith, Echosmith, Echosmith music_source3_trackartist=Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists
and the for a song just added yesterday which is mp3 encoded [Amazon] there is 11 instances of the trackartist...

music_source1_trackartist=Redbone, Redbone, Redbone, Redbone, Redbone, Redbone, Redbone, Redbone, Redbone, Redbone, Redbone
I sent you a PM previously thinking it was aac/m4a encoding but since I have an mp3 direct from Amazon also resulting in the same problem I am even more baffled.

Also, the track artist name holds through MainLobby server restarts so a I am really left baffled as this would suggest it is being stored in the database?

- Jeff

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:46 pm

I will be looking into this during the coming week.

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:39 pm

I will be looking into this during the coming week.
Dave,

Yes, I have been slow to followup, but any updates?

The track artist list continues to show "Various Artists" (which is the album artist) and the list keeps growing, even across MLS Restarts....

Literally right now (124 instances):

music_source1_next_trackartist=Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande, Ariana Grande music_source1_trackartist=Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith, Aerosmith music_source1_trackartist=Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists, Various Artists
Thanks!

- Jeff

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:53 pm

Sorry been consumed by GMusic. I need to add some select distinct clauses into the queries. I have made a note to correct this tomorrow.

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:32 pm

Sorry been consumed by GMusic. I need to add some select distinct clauses into the queries. I have made a note to correct this tomorrow.
Okay, my experience with MS SQL is nil but is there anything else besides distinct, typically distinct is "bad".

If this was DB2 I would let the query run as-is but "fetch first 1 rows only" (the optimizer will stop after the first "n" rows are retrieved), Teradata would be "select first 1", or even Oracle "where rownum=1"... There is also the option of rank or "row number". This all assumes the current database design does not support the query... What is happening that I have over 100 rows/entries? Is the database going to grow forever?

I would be more than happy to play around if you have any pointers to connect a command line or GUI client....

- Jeff

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:07 pm

Dave,

Tried to post this from work but for some reason my employer IP address range is blocked by the forum software (claims something about spam). Regardless, another option instead of distinct is a simple "group by" clause assuming you only have a few columns.

How do I force iTunesSync to synchronize again on the fly? I have tried the commands through the command builder but it appears to simply show the command (Sync or FullSync) coming in and nothing happens. I have let it sit for an hour with absolutely no change.... I have moved our file server to a new host (from europa to hyperion) and these changes were never picked up by iTunesSync even though the music library on my personal computer was properly updated. Probably a mistake but I deleted all of the playlists individually and reinitialized the music database, then have tried over and over to force iTunesSync to execute, even going so far as to delete and recreate my AV8 definition.....

At the moment I have no music and no playlists. I have confirmed the shares (jeff-ws and hyperion\music) are accessible by the home automation computer (jarvis). Right now I am going through the process of another reboot and attempted force of iTunesSync, hopefully we'll have something more than "Fanfare for the Common Man".

Thanks

- Jeff

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:25 pm

Just updated the MusicLobby app. Let me know what it looks like now.

Return to “MLServer 4 Device Drivers”