rileydog
Expert
Expert

iOS App Status???

Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:47 pm

Really looking forward to a native iOS app - my iPads take time to establish connections after sleep and it gets frustrating.

iOS app close to release? Need beta testers?

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Re: iOS App Status???

Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:33 pm

Not sure if a native app will reacquire the network any faster when coming out of standby but it will be a good test. Work is progressing and we'll make an announcement here as soon as we need testing.

rileydog
Expert
Expert

Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:01 pm

OK - thanks

Other apps like HomeKit and Simple Control are instant use - so, I am not sure how they pull it off.

rileydog
Expert
Expert

Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:15 pm

I just found a "trick" that seems to dramatically reduces my WiFi sleep issues. Time will tell but so far so good.

If you go to your WiFi network that you use and click the "I" button, there is a setting at the bottom called "HTTP PROXY" - it defaults to off, but if you change it to Auto, then the WiFi doesn't sleep when the iPad sleeps.

I found this trick on YouTube and it seems to work. Now, my iPads instantly connect when waken from sleep.

Hope this lasts because this has been a major pain. I have several iPorts around the house and it really is frustrating to have to wait minutes when I get to an iPad to do anything in the house. It was so bad that I ended up using my Russoud App to control zones on my phone because it doesn't have a delay.

Krumpy
Developer
Developer

Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:03 am

Cool.

Do you use DHCP or static addressing? Have not tried it, but I would think that static would help as well.

Which version of IOS are you using? Different version could also take different time to reinitialize their network stack.

rileydog
Expert
Expert

Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:40 am

Using the latest iOS (10.3.X) -- use static IP's too. After a few days it seems to help but I still have an occasional issue where when I wakeup the iPad, the scene is locked, after 10 seconds or so, it turns all grey, crashes and then I can load it again and go on. It used to always do this but it seems to have been reduced with this "trick". Time will tell.

Synergy_Tech

Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:02 am

Why does it take several minutes for an ipad to connect to the network? Shouldn't it only take a couple of seconds?

rileydog
Expert
Expert

Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:20 pm

I don't get it either - I have native apps that control specific things and no delay - Sonos, Roku, Rainmachine... But, my html scene homepage if lest on and my iPad sleeps does not respond for a long time when I wake it...

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:31 pm

has your scripts.js file been updated to the latest? There is a WakeFromSleep timer in the scripts that might not be there if the scripts.js file is really old.

rileydog
Expert
Expert

Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:14 pm

I haven't done that in some time - do I just need to click the refresh in designer? Problem is I think I modified it to compensate for the 20 pixels on a iPad shift so it doesn't cover the top bar...

Synergy_Tech

Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:26 pm

Also what version of ios are you running? There used to be some versions that were not friendly to web apps.

rileydog
Expert
Expert

Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:05 pm

Running 10.3.2

So, I updated my support files and saved the project, then restarted.

Now, I have issues where my overlays that worked prior fail.

What I found is using

{{{{{{clientname}}_ZONE_SELECTED_SHORTNAME}}_ACTIVITY_NAME}}

Isn't resolving on overlays (either in the button name or using it to control on/off settings) -

{{{{____}}____}} resolves fine but anything that is three deep fails??? e.g. {{{{{{_____}}_____}}_____}}

I went so far to copy those scenes into a brand new scene and get the same issue. I even created a new project and same issue.

I know this sounds bizarre but I haven't touched these scenes in many months and that was the only thing I did.

rileydog
Expert
Expert

Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:58 pm

I restored from backup and have it working again - scared to try to refresh project files again! Is there a way to make sure that refresh will work? I am indeed on an older version.

Return to “myServer”