RZajcew
Intermediate
Intermediate

Screen not updated when variable changes?

Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:54 pm

I am having a problem that a screen isn't being updated when a specific variable changes. It is a text label in an overlay, with a value of:

{{AV_{{AV_Volume_{{clientname}}}}{{AV_ProcessorZone_Variable_{{clientname}}}}_Volume}}

{{clientname}} is w19216824
{{AV_Volume_{{clientname}}}} is 12
{{AV_ProcessorZone_Variable_{{clientname}}}} is _Main

All of the above are static for this client. What is changing is:

{{AV_12_Main_Volume}}

And when that variable changes, the screen does not change. If I refresh the page, it changes.

Thoughts?

- Roman
Roman

Synergy_Tech
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Screen not updated when variable changes?

Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:13 pm

that happens with more complex variables like that. I think it's something to do with the limitations of the Javascript. In those cases, you need to make sure to refresh the page.

RZajcew
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Screen not updated when variable changes?

Sun May 14, 2017 3:14 pm

I isolated this problem and confirmed this with DaveP. And just so others can work around/avoid the problem:

Normally, myServer variable names are case-insensitive (it would be more precise to say that myServer converts them all to lower case). However, in the case of web pages, this conversion to lower case does not "always" happen in the case of inner variables. For my specific case I had:

{{AV_{{AV_Volume_{{clientname}}}}{{AV_ProcessorZone_Variable_{{clientname}}}}_Volume}}

And {{AV_ProcessorZone_Variable_{{clientname}}}} has a value of _Main (the value is static in the scene -- only {{av_12_volume}} changes. And if {{AV_ProcessorZone_Variable_{{clientname}}}} is set to _Main, the value of {{av_12_volume}} will be initially displayed correctly, but not updated. If the value of {{AV_ProcessorZone_Variable_{{clientname}}}} is set to _main, everything works correctly.

- Roman
Roman

Return to “Client Applications”