Neflhiem

Harmony

Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:24 pm

Not Sure what subsection this needs to go in, feel free to move it as necessary.
So, My pc accepts IR commands already. How do I start to integrate IR from My Harmony Hub/Remote into Allonis. Once I get this going i can make a much better judgement on how to proceed next.

Right now my house runs on the My Harmony Hub. The Smart Keyboard and Harmony Ultimate remote (and app) run the computer/tv and zwave plugs. I understand i need the zwave driver to get the plugs running but I am not swapping out the remote or keyboard. I do not like the phone/tablet replacement for a stand alone single remote and keyboard and the only keyboard I've found that works further than 3' is the Harmony Smart keyboard because it communicates via RF to the hub then the hub IR to the computer.

Im not worried about RF for the keyboard, it will be independent for now, but i need to see that i can say, have a gmusic button on my remote, then it launches to the appropriate Allonis page of my UI (i guess chrome for now till we/I do a standalone app. This is where the "win" for me will come i believe.

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Re: Harmony

Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:45 am

Which Harmony remote do you have?
Harmony just provided us with their protocol for the hub to talk directly to myServer.
We haven't started any development yet, but we do believe this will be a popular solution so we will be supporting it.

I think you will find that you will use a phone / tablet for everything but volume up / down and channel up / down.

Have you gotten Weather, Internet Radio, Pandora, TuneIn, RSS feeds, myMusic, Horoscope, Calendar, etc all working?

Neflhiem

Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:33 am

weather is for your location.. it works, but I don't use it. Getting accurate weather here in the Bahamas is kind of tricky due to the geographic layout.

I don't use Pandora, or tune in, and haven't used RSS since GReader died years ago.

I could set up Horoscope I suppose.. and calendar is probably a good idea, wasn't really my top focuses but ill get them up this weekend.

I know your system power is in phones and tablets.. and it will be used but for most my basic functions ill be using the remote. Harmony Ultimate and Harmony Smart Keyboard.

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:51 pm

You just have to go into the Weather app and put your zip / address in and then it shows weather for your area.

we have a Harmony remote and hub coming in to do the development of that integration.

Neflhiem

Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:22 am

I have everything working.. weather is ok, but all maps are for US and don't cover the Bahamas (Wundermap integreation would be nice).

Still going through all 690 of my movies.. the ones that MyContent recognized still don't have album art.. so I need to go through every single one and select the right move.. less than ideal.

For what I can do right now, it works well.. without the api integration of Harmony or the LED bulbs recommended, im pretty much a stand still and contemplating next steps.

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:39 pm

Can you show me a screenshot of what you movie folder structure looks like including how the movies are named? Content manager is parsing the folder and file names but it sounds like it has to do a bit better job of filtering out unwanted characters. That's why seeing a screenshot will help.

Neflhiem

Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:47 pm

of course..

part of the issue is not all folders are "perfectly named". I've been using Plex for a number of years. Prior to that Media center with Media Browser to load movie metadata. Media Browser isn't as good as Plex is at id'ing things but it is better than My Content (thats not a dig, i really love your stuff, just my experience thus far). My Content seems to be VERY picky on what it recognizes. For instance, The Amazing Spiderman is different than The Amazing Spider-man and if you search both, you get way different results. Media Browser also allowed simple batch views and searching. If i stick with MyServer i suppose that will be the easiest way to add my movies.. ive since deleted it since im not using (well wasn't with Plex, which just recognizes everything -with very few exceptions).
movie folder.JPG
movie folder.JPG (73.29 KiB) Viewed 929 times

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:13 pm

Thanks now that I see the pattern I can add more filtering to try to remove more of the noise and only leave the relevant bits of the movie title there. I'll update the importer in Content Manager.

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:29 pm

What you will find is that once you ARE using myContent AND allowing it to automatically automate the ripping of movies, that your folder structure will be more "perfect" and the DB lookups will be much more consistent. Which is the real key to myServer vs. anyone else...
Existing folder pre-myServer were managed ad-hoc by users typing "stuff" and software typing "other stuff" that is difficult for myContent to know all variations.

myContent managed ripping is consistent, so certainly more manageable.

So, I am sure DaveP will adjust myContent for your folder names so you don't have to manually lookup 690 movies.

Then, your future movies will be easier than anything you have used before.

We will soon support even autoripping in batch with our the new DVD loader hardware we sell. For people that have stacks of old DVD discs that now want to archive them to hard drive.

We compete with Kaliedescape in function. Now being sold (recent news reports) for $25,000 for hardware alone, and $500 per movie play (what????) ie: for the ultrarich.

indecision
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:17 pm

Just curious how the Harmony plugin development is coming along? Having IP control from a remote would be fantastic!

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:16 am

Likely you will see URC and RTI support first.
We have both protocols and are designing what the drivers should do.
Harmony may follow, but it looks much more limited in capability.

indecision
Intermediate
Intermediate

Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:41 pm

Sounds good. Any of those are good with me. I am looking forward to getting the USBUirt out of my system. Has been a great device but there are too many good options for direct control.

Will the URC driver work with the Complete Control series, Total Control series or both? I have 2 Total Control remotes and an MRX-8 processor that are just taking up space in my shop. I need to unbox them and put them to work!

Happy to help with any testing.

Davis

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:00 pm

In both the URC and RTI drivers a small app will reside on the base controller. That app opens a TCP connection with myServer and then the server can send commands to the controllers to execute system defined macros.

Return to “myServer Apps”