kgingerich
Intermediate
Intermediate

USBIR6 Driver

Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:57 am

I'm using MLUSBIR6 legacy driver on MLServer4. Can that be ported to Myserver or can you offer an alternative?

I have a Universal Remote MSC-400 which is sending IR commands to USBIR6 to do various MLCmds.

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Re: USBIR6 Driver

Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:40 pm

Yes, there is going to be a V5 USBUIR6 driver very soon. One is being shipped to me this week and once I have it I'll write the new driver.

kgingerich
Intermediate
Intermediate

Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:27 am

Hey Dave is this USBIR6 product even produced anymore? I see it available on your website but nowhere else and another similar product USBIRT is on amazon but reviews seem to think it's defunct and no longer supported. I'd hate for you to go to the trouble of porting a driver to MyServer for a product that's on its way out.

I'm just wondering if there is an alternate product for sending/receiving IR that I should be using going forward?

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:58 pm

We have about 50 USBIR6's in stock. So we will have a driver for them. Alternately you can go to Global Cache for the same functionality today. Soon we will have integration with RTI and URC hubs.

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:50 pm

We developed the USBIR6 with the USBUIRT developer. We had dealers that wanted a PC "appliance" that did cool automation. The USBIR6 was part of that package. It's nice because of the 6 discrete zones of IR, and the IR input, that fits within the PC itself so less labor in cables and less issues with things getting unplugged.

As Dave mentioned, we have devices in stock and know that good IR support is still needed.

Return to “Control Family Device Drivers”