RZajcew
Intermediate
Intermediate

Blue Iris for System Integrators

Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:06 pm

In the Allonis store there is a product called "Blue Iris for System Integrators". What precisely is this product?

I am aware of what Blue Iris itself is -- I'm just aksing about the product in the Allonis store.

- Roman
Roman

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Re: Blue Iris for System Integrators

Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:04 pm

Hi Roman,
It's a future anticipated product of a driver to have more native control over Blue Iris DVR software.
Vaporware right now unless we have a bunch of handraisers that see the need.

Why the interest?

RZajcew
Intermediate
Intermediate

Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:39 pm

I am considering the purchase of Blue Iris for more security camera capability.

One can do this from Blue Iris directly, of course, and then access Blue Iris images from Allonis. But searching the Allonis web site, I found the "Blue Iris for System Integrators" product, with a price of $80. So I wondered if there was something there I didn't know about.

Would I be interested in closer integration? Given I will no doubt purchase Blue Iris within the next few days, I would be interested.

- Roman
Roman

lightman96

Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:04 pm

I would like to see a good Integration with Blue Iris. Blue Iris looks like a good solution to record motion triggered events and integrate different cameras. I would be very excited to see integration with Allonis

Krumpy
Developer
Developer

Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:34 pm

So, I am also playing around with this. I have 6 x 4K cams with a NVR. Ideally, i would like to pull the feed off of the NVR rather than the cams but not getting a whole lot of traction there.

I did install Blue Iris and it seems that the cams will work with BI but noticing quite a bit of CPU activity when doing this.

For the CPU, I have a I7-3770 which is not new but should still be quite powerful. With it and one camera I see about 12-25% CPU activity. I have not had the opportunity to connect all six cameras, but think that the CPU will not be powerful enough if I extrapolate for all six to eight cameras. Not sure if the CPU usuage will be linear.

The less screwing around I have to do with Blue IRis, the more I can focus on writing a interface to myServer.

What experience do you have with BI? What is your configuration?

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:40 pm

Blue Iris will eat a lot of CPU. Three things can help this. 1) Do direct-to-disc recording of the videos. That prevents BI from having to encode on the fly. 2) Limit the frame rates to no more than 15fps. and 3) use a newer Intel CPU that supports Quick Sync Video and you can enable hardware acceleration on the H.264 streams.

There's a nice writeup here.

Krumpy
Developer
Developer

Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:59 pm

Yeah, seen these articles. I'd be curious on how much Quick Sync Video would reduce the CPU overhead. Just minimizing BlueIris helps as well. I've played around with the direct to disk and saw the CPU saving.

I mean, it completely makes sense that video processing costs a lot of CPU. Especially 8 streams at 4k each..

Got to go get a POE switch so that I can scale up this experiment as I am currently running the cams via the NVR with the built in POE switch.

Return to “Allonis Website, Store, Licensing, Forum, Wiki, BugTracker discussions”