rileydog
Expert
Expert

Clarification on v4 upgrade pricing

Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:51 pm

I am confused on upgrade pricing / opportunity for us v4 users...

1. Does the upgrade pricing advertised on the webpage include the device families I currently own or do I have to repurchase them?
2. What about upgrades to user packs? I have 15 web users and I believe the upgrade only applies for 5 users
3. When I upgrade, would I now be in a new combination family category (like home theater, media, etc.) or am I an al-a-cart customer post upgrade?

Thanks!

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Re: Clarification on v4 upgrade pricing

Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:00 pm

Does the upgrade pricing advertised on the webpage include the device families I currently own or do I have to repurchase them?

Yes, the current Families are included in the upgrade. So, if you previously purchased the Climate Family, then there is no upgrade fee to continue to support thermostats with the base myServer upgrade. I clarified the software suite webpage.

2. What about upgrades to user packs? I have 15 web users and I believe the upgrade only applies for 5 users

5 client license upgrade packages added:
http://allonis.com/template-features/au ... suite.html

3. When I upgrade, would I now be in a new combination family category (like home theater, media, etc.) or am I an al-a-cart customer post upgrade?

The Home Theater and the Media packages are more about the Apps (myMovies / myMusic) than the families. Pick whichever is best for you. We are also working on an Ultimate package upgrade path...would that be more interesting for you?

rileydog
Expert
Expert

Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:42 pm

1. Great! Hoping you would say that!
2. I hover around 5 - it is a timeout thing, meaning I have 6 iPads and it may take some time for the server to drop off the one connection - not a big deal but I would probably need to upgrade that at some point.
3. I think ultimate is overkill for me - I was just curios.

Thanks for the quick response and clarifications!

sonypoolplr
Is there life beyond myServer?

Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:46 am

I would be curious as to what you are referring to as the "ultimate package" upgrade. I like the current sale that is available via the newsletter, but I would like to see what other options are out there.

Thanks.

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:08 am

Pretty much has all of the key capabilities of the software suite.

Several folks have expressed interest in adding to their system to make it complete. They just are all on different combinations of products so we are trying to figure out how to build an upgrade path that makes sense for each to upgrade.

What's your situation?

randyf

Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:19 pm

Can you clarify what the upgrade pricing is for moving from ML4 to myServer? On the software suite page, there is a $229.99 price item as well as a $129.99 price item. What is the difference between these two?

Thanks

sonypoolplr

Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:38 pm

Pretty much has all of the key capabilities of the software suite.

Several folks have expressed interest in adding to their system to make it complete. They just are all on different combinations of products so we are trying to figure out how to build an upgrade path that makes sense for each to upgrade.

What's your situation?
It looks like for me that the holiday sale covers me except for the Calendar, Drinks, Recipes and Netflix. But I was just looking at the myServer apps page and nothing is showing pricing? I am assuming that this is still being worked on?

Thank you

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:56 am

RandyF,
the $229.99 is the price of myServer standalone for a new install.
the $129.99 is the upgrade price of the same if you already have ML3 or 4

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:59 am

Sonypoolplr,
Which myServer apps page are you looking at? The one I see when you click on a product, the description unfolds and there is a price and a buy button for each.

We had some issues with the Store yesterday...(I broke it...) maybe you should look today (I fixed it)

Thanx

sonypoolplr

Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:14 am

Thanks Dave, it is working now the way it should. I am seeing the pricing. I might have been looking at it when it was broke.

Thanks again

randyf

Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:54 am

Hi Dave, one more question on upgrading. Based on your earlier response, the device families come with the upgrade pricing. And based on the current software suite page http://allonis.com/template-features/au ... suite.html, the Pandora media app also comes with this as well, correct?

And when looking at that page today, I see that Movies and Music have their own separate upgrade items - correct?

Thanks,
Randy

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:53 pm

Hi Randy,
Pandora does not come with the myServer upgrade.
If is $49.99 to add it.
If it was part of the upgrade, there would be a check mark in the myServer upgrade column.

Thanx
David

ggraef

Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:04 pm

David,

It would help to have an asterisk in the upgrade price boxes for families, linking to the 'no cost for family upgrades' statement (instead of a blank box).

It would also help to have a note saying explicitly that there is no upgrade pricing for apps, particularly because Cinemar had upgrade app prices so it is an expectation/hope for many older customers. There isn't anything wrong with the current page, just noting what would have helped alleviate some of my confusion.

yzpmpgq

Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:17 am

I was with cinemar FOREVER and after no responses gave up for a while. I just now found you guys and for whatever reason never got any info like a holiday sale. My question is... I have MLServer with Arcsoft, Denon, Onkyo, HAI, ISY, MPC, Netflix, PowerDVD, Russound, TED, Venstar, VLC, DVDLobby, WeatherLobby, Musiclobby, USBUIRT (and a few other) drivers. Does the upgrade allow me to still function as usual? If not, what is the breakdown I'm looking at?

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:27 am

Hi yzpmpgq,
Welcome to Allonis's forum!

We show that Allonis's January mailing was sent to you Jan 26 but was never opened. It is appreciated if you could check your primary inbox as well as Spam and let us know how it got missed. We are using a new email tool so are interested in how the emails are being received.

This webpage hopefully answers your question:

And, you are in luck, there is a current promotion:
http://allonis.com/template-features/20 ... tings.html

Most all drivers you are looking for are already supported in "myInstaller". Here is a link to get going:
http://allonis.com/template-features/pr ... -to-s.html
Click on the myInstaller link at the top of the documentation list.

Now that you have "found us"...let us know if you have additional questions.

David

Return to “Allonis.com Store”