jbasso

Refresh method

Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:26 am

A way to reload the dvd movie into DVDL if you load them in to the backend. I am going to use some girder script to load from the internet. I just do not want to pick the album cover art. I am doing a scan of the DVD id and having it add it automatically. For the WAF this is a must.
Jeff Basso

mcascio

Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:15 pm

Hi Jeff,

While this may not be an ideal solution, it should allow you to do what you want today.

Try creating two scenes. The first scene put the DVDLobby.swf into the backgroundFX layer. In the second scene you create, put the DVDLobby.swf into the OverlayFX layer.

After you've ran your script, send the following:
http://myServerDomainName:6246/command? ... yScene.mls

You'll need to use your server Name and other settings. Basically by switching back and forth between these scenes, you are creating the reloading of the movie database.

Like I said, not the smoothest, but does allow you to do what you want today without an update to DVDLobby.

Thanks for your suggestion though...I've added to our updates list.

mcascio

Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:30 pm

Hi Jeff,

Actually just thought of possibly an even easier way.

After the DVD database (MLDVDLobby plugin) is updated, if you can trigger an up/down sequence in DVDLobby, you should see the new movies...assuming you are using the TV version.

boykster

Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:26 am

Yep, that works...that's how I've been doing it.

I use a "home-brew" program for adding movies to the db, and I just send an "up-down" command to each of the clients to "refresh" the movie list...

works like a champ.

Rich

Return to “DVDLobby Feature Requests”