neils

BluRay request, blue box around movie cover art

Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:59 am

So what do you think?? I, as well as many others on here, have an extensive DVD collection. Now we are also building up a BluRay collection. For now, we are all using single disc unit, but within a few months, we will all be enjoying Sony's BluRay 400 disc changer.

So, my idea. Within DVD Profiler, you can check off whether you search or input for an HD DVD, BD, or DVD. Not sure if there is a tag for the format somewhere in there, but if not, perhaps you can add a check box within DVDL top identify the format. Then to show it visually, perhaps you can put a blue box around the cover art for BD, red box around the cover art for HD DVD, and nothing for DVD.

Right now, I have a collection of BD that is not in my changer. Since I cannot launch them, I don't have them within DVDL. I would like to include them, and if I would see a colored box around the cover art, that would tell me that this movie has to be physically loaded into my single disc BD player, but at least I can now included those movies into my DVDL graphics..

So hard would this tag or field be to include within DVDL?? Would this solution be easy to integrate ?? I think it would work for me, not sure about the others on here.

And if you like the idea, how long before we would see it implemented?? Even willing to pay for an upgrade for this feature....

Thanks
Neil

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:05 pm

you can use one of the custom fields in DVDLobby database for typing that the movie is stored offline.

You can then use that MLServer parameter that when that movie is chosen from the thumbs, that a "Load the BluRay Drive" message appears as text / button / graphic on the DVDLobby scene.

neils

Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:33 pm

Hmm, you know what my next question will be :D

Which custom field could I use in DVDL to identify the discs as BluRay, and more importantly, how could I place multiple ML PLAY commands within DVDL ?? Right now, I have only 1 PLAY command, hit the bigger image, and the PLAY command gets issued to fire up the corresponding disc within the Sony changer (using Slinke).

Rather than have a message pop up, which means it will only appear when I go to launch the movie, why not entertain the idea of something like a color box around the larger image. This way, while going thru my thumbs, I would know at a glance which movies are BluRay, without even having to fire up the PLAY command.

Plus, to take this a step further, perhaps you could add an OPTION button to appear to look at only those movies for a given format, or even location. So I could choose to see only my BluRay movies (blue frame), or HD DVD (red frame), or DVD (no color frame), or even PC movies (another color frame)......

Just a thought, but in the meantime, I am willing to configure DVDL using your idea, but need a little guidance for the commands, especially using 2 conditions to have either a message appear (BluRay) or launch my Sony PLAY commands (DVD)...

Thanks for your time on this !!!
Neil

donburkard
Expert
Expert

Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:18 pm

I second this neils. good call
Hooked on HighDef

rtarver

My thoughts

Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:56 pm

My thoughts on this are that you could position a graphic behind each of your thumbnails. Attach a variable to each thumbnail that is set based on the content (BR or not). The graphic state can be switched off/on based on each thumbnail's variable. I'm running custom screens, so I think it could be done. I don't know about the standard screens.

Russ
Warp Speed now, and don't give me
any of that dilithium crystal crap!!!

Blade
Expert
Expert

Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:48 pm

OK
I am trying to put a blue border around a bluray title and a red border around a hddvd title. I am using custom1 to store whether the movie is a DVD, Blu-ray or HDDVD.

The problem is that custom1 is not loaded into the dvdbrowse variables for the page of movies so I have no idea how to check the custom1 value for each movie on the page.

Why is the custom1 value or all the custom values not added as a variable for dvd browsing?

Please help.

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:52 pm

No one had requested them in the past. Version 3.75.473 of the DVDLobby plugin adds the CustomX variables to the browsing.

Blade
Expert
Expert

Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:15 am

Thx. Working nice now :)

Return to “DVDLobby Feature Requests”