jcase

Transport control feature request

Fri May 30, 2003 9:23 am

For those of us without changers, can the popup transport control menu be configured using Girder Internet event server? instead or Slink-e That way I can use the popup to control ZoomPlayer.

Maybe just a configuration menu kinda like the slink-e menu in ML, but list the name of the button then the command line to be run. Therefore someone can use Girder Internet Event Server or whatever command they choose. If you take it a step further, maybe a checkbox in the configuration menu next to each button, that way if the item is not checked it will use the hardcoded command for that button, if it is checked it will use the command entered for that button. This will give the best of both worlds. Wow I need to stop thinking about this... add another check box labeled both, this would execute the hardcoded command as well as the command entered. This would allow for instance you to pause the movie that is being played by the sony via the hardcoded command as well as run a girder event to maybe bring up the lights.

For instance

Both CmdOnly Button Command
x Play ievent.exe
x Pause ievent.exe (raise lights)
FF (USE HARDCODED COMMAND)

Thanks,
John

digiphotonerd

Fri May 30, 2003 6:14 pm

Girder IES support would be nice, but I'd be quite satisfied if the transport buttons could just be mapped to regular ol' Girder events (i.e. an implementation cut and pasted from MainLobby's button->Girder support).

- digiphotonerd

jcase

Fri Jul 25, 2003 8:20 am

bump :)
John

mcascio

Sat Sep 27, 2003 2:18 am

John,

You may have noticed the latest version allows you to send any old MLServeCmd you like. So not only Girder, but direct commands to programs like TheaterTek or Zoomplayer...heck even send an X10 command along with it to turn on an X10 light when you hit the pause button. :)

Return to “DVDLobby Feature Requests”