sonypoolplr
Is there life beyond myServer?

Getting Pandora Stations to Change

Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:54 pm

I am able to select a new station with the iPhone project, and also while on the Pandora scenes, I can select the Stations button and then select from #1 to #4 station from the new scene that comes up by using the "Select a Station Filter...." button at the bottom and selecting from radio 1-4. I copied this button over to the ipad scene that I am using and when I try to select a new station the "pandora_activeservice_{{clientname}}" variable isn't changing to the new station like the variable for my iphone project is. The iphone one is changing to /getdata/pandora/show/2, for station 2 on the iphone client, but not for the ipad client.

If I load the iphone project into the ipad, or my computer then I am able to get that variable to change, so I am assuming that something is wrong with the command.

Going back to the original Pandora scenes brings up the station overlay, without the button I added, but I don't see a way to change to another radio, because selecting another radio from the Source selection button does nothing to change the stations.

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Re: Getting Pandora Stations to Change

Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:59 pm

The current zone builder logic assumes one dedicated radio / zone. If you need to select between multiple radios then that will be part on the next zone builder. In the meantime you would have to put two buttons on the scenes that each did a PandoraRadio|SelectRadio~1 and PandoraRadio|SelectRadio~2 and then did a WebCmd|{{clientname}}~RefreshPage

Macro|PandoraRadio|SelectRadio~1!WebCmd|{{clientname}}~RefreshPage

Macro|PandoraRadio|SelectRadio~2!WebCmd|{{clientname}}~RefreshPage

That should be enough to dynamically switch you between radios.

sonypoolplr

Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:16 pm

Thanks Dave, but I can switch between radio 1-4 and have any of them display what is playing. What I cannot do, at least on the ipad project is show the stored stations for the different radios. I can do all of this with no problem from the iphone project, so I thought I could just use the station scenes from the iphone on the ipad, but that didn't work for me.

No matter what radio I select, even with the new buttons you supplied, I am still only seeing the stations from the radio #1.

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:06 pm

When the radio is switched you'll also need to do a LoadScroller command to refresh the station list

WebCmd|{{clientname}}~LoadScroller|infiscroll1621~/getdata/pandora/show/{{pandora_activeradio_{{clientname}}}}

Change infiscroll1621 to match the object name of the station scroller on your scene. That should keep them in sync.

sonypoolplr

Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:24 am

Thank you. I was able to get this to work by adding the stations to the Pandora scene. I was trying to use the overlay and that wouldn't update the stations before the scene loaded. I tried to send a webpage refresh, and even put the station change command before the command to load the Pandora main page, but nothing would work. Not a big deal as it just shows the stations while the music is playing. I guess I could just create a new scene to show the stations.

Return to “Pandora”