Synergy_Tech
Intermediate
Intermediate

Internet Radio issues

Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:57 am

My Internet Radio app keeps failing randomly (usually about once a week). The only way to get it working again is to restart the server so I've started keeping logs from the app. I've attached one example. To make things more complicated I have a scheduled task that runs each day that starts up a radio station. Since today's crash, the radio station ID # has now been blown out and rescanning the database doesn't seem to help. If anybody has some advice for resolving this, I'd appreciate it.
Attachments
InternetRadio-2017-03-22.log
(5 KiB) Downloaded 100 times

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Re: Internet Radio issues

Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:44 pm

The interesting bit that log file is that you managed to have two updates running at the same time. A theoretical impossibility. I just updated the app. Hopefully the issue will be resolved.

Synergy_Tech
Intermediate
Intermediate

Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:04 pm

Whatever caused it really seems to have screwed up my database. I've tried clearing it and re-downloading but it appears now that the station IDs start somewhere above 22000. It's like the start of the database is now above the total number of actual stations so I seem to have duplication of everything. Can you update the app so that the initalize command resets the stations back to zero? Otherwise the only way I can think to repair the problem is to do a master database restore.

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:33 pm

You'll have to initialize the database and then do a reload. From the "File" menu in the app.

Synergy_Tech
Intermediate
Intermediate

Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:30 pm

Did that twice already. I don't think that function is working correctly. I still have radio station ID's in the 40,000 range. I don't see a master database restore option in the installer. I could have sworn that it used to be there.

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:34 pm

There are two menu options from the File menu in the app. The Init Database option will delete all entries in the local Radio_Stations table except for those stations which may have been manually created via Content Manager. The Refresh stations option will then sync with the master database. Don't confuse RadioID with StationID. RadioID is the unique index to the row in the Radio_Stations table where StationID is the key used to identify a station in the master database. Because you are allowed to have manually entered radio stations the RadioID fields can be any value.

Synergy_Tech
Intermediate
Intermediate

Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:58 pm

I'm definitely familiar with the difference between initalizing and refreshing the database. RadioID is what I use for automatically playing a station. For example, today the command that was run to launch the radio station was "InternetRadio|PlayStation~1~9161". Whatever happened during the automatic refresh last night really mucked things up. There are a bunch of favourite stations that didn't exist before and RadioID 9161 no longer exists.

I guess I can restore a backup from a day or 2 ago which should fix the database but unfortunately I had made some programming changes today that will get lost.

If there's another way to play a station automatically that isn't dependent on Radio IDs that could change at any time, please let me know.

Return to “Internet Radio”