neils

Setting up MuL on a client PC

Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:31 am

Hi guys,

Sorry if this seems like such a basic question, and yes I have been thru the manuals and the wiki, but I just wanted to understand the basics first before figuring out why MuL won't work on my client PC.

With DVDL, which is now included with MainLobby, all one needs to do is point to the DVDLobby3 mls scene, setup the server PC name, restart, and you're in business, with data being pulled from the server instantly.

That doesn't seem to be the case with MuL. I pointed to the MuL mls scene, but it comes up blank. Is it simply a matter of pointing to a MuL scene, or do I need to install the entire MuL program ?? Also, I am assuming that since my server is running JRiver, I don't need to install it again on my client PC right ? And no, I am not using the audio out on the client PC, the server is feeding the audio to a whole house audio amplifier.

And one last thing, would the MuL program or scene, once installed, size correctly to my client 1024X600 display, just like DVDL did ??

Thanks for your help with this...
Neil

mcascio

Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:43 am

Neil,

Which scene are you loading?

0019_media.music.mls is the latest MusicLobby scene.

MusicLobby is still undergoing a rewrite similar to DVDLobby. You will need to do some modification to get it to conform to your smaller screen.

neils

Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:44 am

Thanks Mario,

I jusdt found the latest MuL mls scene you mentioned within the ML Content folder. Shame that the mls scene does not configure automatically to the display. I just had to use the scale and X/Y to get it to fit right to my smaller screen.

Hopefully you get MuL working just like DVDL, so that installing it on the client side for various size screens will do better in the future.

Thanks
Neil

Return to “MusicLobby Questions & Answers”