Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Feature requests...

Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:54 pm

Now that I got my hands on the TVLobby sources... Could you "bump" any threads (i.e. add a reply), which you feel contains feature requests that are still relevant, have not been addressed yet and are not in the list below...

List of planned features:

- Going to a specific channel, without having to use the "page down" 15 times. (Flash)

- Rollover of the channels (up from first or down from last). (Flash?)

- Possibility to select between any day available in the current database (presently you can always select in the next 7 days, regardless of how much data is in there). (Flash?)

- Possibility to go to a specific time slot or jump a configurable amount of hours (like 6 or 12). (Flash, MLBeyondTV users might see something earlier)

- Configurable number of rows/columns. (Flash)

- Browse by categories (Genre). (Database/Flash)

- Color code for various categories. (Flash)

- Launch TVLobby at a specific channel.

- Add a Watch button to the Actors listing (Flash).

There are no guaranties that every features in the list will actually make it to release, but I will certainly try to make it happen... ;) Features requiring changes to the UI (Flash) or database are trickier and less likely to make it in a timely manner.
Last edited by Fonceur on Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:05 pm, edited 12 times in total.

cborod
Is there life beyond myServer?
Is there life beyond myServer?

Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:17 pm

wowsers~!

This is great news indeed!

Congratulations or thanks or whatever is appropriate here.

Your work with mlbtv is beyond impressive (pun intended) so your paticular attention and passion applied to TVLobby will be much appreciated by all.
ChrisB

rondepping
Expert
Expert

Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:44 pm

Ok I'll bring up the feature that I've missed since I stopped using HSTV plugin in homeseer.

The ability to select a program and channel in the future and when clicking on the watch button ( or a different button ) schedule a channel change at that time. This would allow you to schedule your TV watching for the evening, select the shows at the begining of the evening and sit back and watch.

This could also be expanded to work like the scheduling feature in beyondtv ( all epsiodes, etc ) only it would turn on the TV and set the channel instead of only recording. ( being able to both watch and record would be great also )

Does that make sense?

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:31 pm

rondepping wrote:The ability to select a program and channel in the future and when clicking on the watch button ( or a different button ) schedule a channel change at that time.
Yes that makes sense. Basically, if you use "watch" on something in the future, instead of executing your "watch" command right away, it would delay the command.

- The first thing that came to mind was to add it to MLScheduler, but MLScheduler doesn't seem to accept commands and instead requires manually entering items through the plugins/settings...

- Another "quick and dirty" way would be to issue a command like MLServeCmd.Macro|MLPause|<<delay>>!YourWatchCommand.

- A third way would be to actually manage that internally with multiple timers or such...

Since I'm just starting on that project, I'll give the second method a try. ;) Obviously it's not the most efficient way and you might not be able to easily change your mind once something has been set...

rondepping
Expert
Expert

Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:38 pm

I think the problem with using mlpause is that it will stop MLServer from doing anything else till that time. ( I may be wrong on that )

HSTV used homeseers events to schedule the channel change, so mlscheduler or the server automation rules would really be the way to go. But I realize that means changes to either MLScheduler or MLserver.

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:20 pm

rondepping wrote:I think the problem with using mlpause is that it will stop MLServer from doing anything else till that time. ( I may be wrong on that )
That would be bad, if that's how MLPause works... ;)
... or the server automation rules would really be the way to go.
Time to take a look at those... ;)

Bago
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:29 pm

I would like to be able to open the TVLobby Scene and have a specific channle already be selected as oposed to have to scroll from channle 2 all the way to channle 211.

Thanks for finaly getting this done!

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:47 pm

Bago wrote:I would like to be able to open the TVLobby Scene and have a specific channle already be selected as oposed to have to scroll from channle 2 all the way to channle 211.
Once the first point in the list will be implemented, it should be possible to add that too.

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:03 pm

I believe the code to change the UI channel is for the most part already in MLTVLobby.dll But, I believe it was never "turned on".

Fonceur, it may be in the code that was modded a while back to handle 4 digit channel numbers.

Bago
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:11 pm

It doesn't count if it is not trurned on :D

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:16 pm

rondepping wrote:or the server automation rules would really be the way to go.
Let say you press watch for a tv show in the future, which would fill 2 variables:

tvlobby_time1 = "12/6/2007 9:00 PM"

and

tvlobby_event1 = YourWatchCommand1 (already starts by MLServeCmd.Macro).

Then you would create a series of automation rules that look something like:

whenever currentdate greater than tvlobby_timeN
then tvlobby_eventN!delvariable~tvlobby_timeN!delvariable~tvlobby_eventN

You would have 5 or 10 automation rules like that. Of course tvlobby would try to add the new variables with the lowest N possible... Does it sound like that might work?

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:19 pm

smoothtlk wrote:Fonceur, it may be in the code that was modded a while back to handle 4 digit channel numbers.
I see a ChangeChannel and WatchChannel, I'll need to figure out what they do, if it's only for the watch button or not... ;)

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:35 pm

Bago wrote:It doesn't count if it is not trurned on :D
Well, it counts to Fonceur so he doesn't have to recode it :)
That message was really intended for him. Probably shouldn't put developer stuff on the forum :)

rondepping
Expert
Expert

Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:39 pm

Fonceur wrote:
rondepping wrote:or the server automation rules would really be the way to go.
Let say you press watch for a tv show in the future, which would fill 2 variables:

tvlobby_time1 = "12/6/2007 9:00 PM"

and

tvlobby_event1 = YourWatchCommand1 (already starts by MLServeCmd.Macro).

Then you would create a series of automation rules that look something like:

whenever currentdate greater than tvlobby_timeN
then tvlobby_eventN!delvariable~tvlobby_timeN!delvariable~tvlobby_eventN

You would have 5 or 10 automation rules like that. Of course tvlobby would try to add the new variables with the lowest N possible... Does it sound like that might work?
That was what I had in mind. Further down the road the ability to manage the events from the UI would be nice, but for now manually deleting the server rule andthe variables if you change your mind is ok. :)

Thanks for looking into this.

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:51 pm

rondepping wrote:That was what I had in mind.
Well, smoothtlk currently has access to a version that does that... ;)

Return to “TVLobby Feature Requests”