bigDvette
Expert
Expert

My cinemar scenes

Fri May 16, 2008 10:47 pm

I finally decided to take some snapshots of my cinemar implementation.

Here is a link to my scenes

https://bigd.homeserver.com/cinemar

itanic
Intermediate
Intermediate

Sat May 17, 2008 9:14 am

Very Nice. Thanks for sharing.

bjdraw

Sat May 17, 2008 10:04 am

Wow, very nice job!

Funny thing, we have the same touch screen, but unfortunately I don't have anywhere quite as cool to mount mine.
Ben Drawbaugh
How good can it be, if it isn't HD?

pendlet

Sat May 17, 2008 10:52 am

Good job. I like the control from the piolt seat. What touch screen is that and how did you mount it?

Tim

bigDvette
Expert
Expert

Sat May 17, 2008 11:33 am

THanks guys.

I don't know the "Brand" of touchscreen other than it has a samsung panel in it. I bought it after reading smoothlk's post here mid last year.

http://forum.cinemaronlineforums.com/vi ... bfbe094261

The one thing I don't like about it is that it pops up a blue screen saying no signal whenever it goes in to monitor off mode. I have my panel in the theaterroom set to go off after 15 seconds since it is pretty bright during a movie. I just whish it went black. I tried putting in a MLscene that was black, but it still radiates a lot of light.

As for the mounting, that was a bit of a journet. Ultimately I ended up buying a bass drum mic stand from guitar center. I reveresed the poles around so that I was using the longer mic pole and then cut 2 holes in the union square used to connect the original pole with the mic pole. Hard to explain I guess.

Anyway, a couple of properly sized toggle bolts later and I had it mounted.

I have 2 more of them ready to install and I am working on frames to put them in-wall and running usb extenders. I have the luxury of my theater room being dead center in the house on the second story, so I can get cables with extenders just about anywhere I need to be.

The compool controller is posing me the most problems because i have no protocol manual and I have been using coded I have pulled down from misterhouse that someone wrote. It is a DDE application (old I know) but I may be able to write something there.

wireless

Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:50 am

I've used several of those touch screens, they are a very good value. I've attached a photo of one we mounted in-wall. The photo is not great because of the flash, but you can see the framing. We built a wooden box and screwed it to the studs, then some crown molding for the frame. It can be removed for maintenance.
I have one in my bedroom and when it is time to sleep I just turn it completely off with the power button. No light at all.
Attachments
DSC_0125.JPG
DSC_0125.JPG (1.51 MiB) Viewed 1116 times

Return to “User Gallery - Screenshots”