mwhistle

Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:55 am

Still no word on television debut date?
Not yet. The series started last Thursday though. I posted a minor update last week at the tail of this thread.
http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.ph ... +Publicity

Based on what I saw last week, I can tell you that I'm dreading its airing whenever that may be.

Shoot, I may not even watch it. Hope you don't either.

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:33 am

Madge, thanks for posting!

I'm using many of your ideas in my redesign.

Back on the scenes, what is the "remote" button?

Also - curiosity - are you using HS phone?

thanks!

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:49 am

Madge, thanks for posting!

Questions:
Back on the scenes, what is the "remote" button?
How me you doing "door locked"?
What is "email" doing? "Reminders"?
Also - curiosity - are you using HS phone?

thanks!

mwhistle

Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:42 pm

Which ones?

The "remote" button in the overlay is simply a scene jump to the master AV remote. I think I posted this scene. It's a touchscreen replacement for the Pronto I used to rely on. Design is mostly copied from Lib 14 samples. IR logic in Ocelot with HomeSeer (MLHSplugin) assist.

"Door locked" is nothing more than off/on device status reported through MLHSplugin to MainLobby. Of perhaps more interest, the door lock is more usually, day-to-day controlled through RFID (iautomate). The MainLobby status is not really useful (remember, I created that scene on a rush basis for a tour to show scale of capability), since my door lock is now persistently locked unless electrified or momentarily unlocked by physical key entry. I use the Lib 10 door lock graphic to unlock the door to buzz people in. So, the flow is, doorbell rings, ML WebLobby page pops up on all screens with front door camera. Should the guest be familar and welcome at the moment, I click the "lock image" to unlock the door.

"Email" was a scene jump to a WebLobby HomeSeer page. Just now, I'm migrating to HS 2.0, and haven't re-enabled this feature. Ditto for "Reminders."

And yes, I'm using HSPhone - in 2.0 with phoneweb bundled.

So, no magic here. Just using the basics from Cinemar, HomeSeer, iAutomate.

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:14 pm

Which ones?
Huh... funny that you'd ask! :shock:

I like the recipe idea; I've added that to my notes to do.

I really like the simple home status scene. I had data like that with Homeseer years ago but it was worthless without the nice UI. Again, in my notes to incorporate eventually.

Probably my favorite is the lighting "Scene Lighting" versus "Individual Lights" method. I would have never thought of that one. :o
I haven't even used "scenes" in lighting in years other than as part ofa "watch movie" environment because they didn't make sense to others; I think your method will work. In my notes now. 8)

Though it didn't come from yours, my "AV Control" is very similar to your "Master Remote". Are your buttond dedicated to DVD on the left / TV on the right? Or is there some magic in there? :wink:

The "remote" button in the overlay is simply a scene jump to the master AV remote. I think I posted this scene. It's a touchscreen replacement for the Pronto I used to rely on. Design is mostly copied from Lib 14 samples. IR logic in Ocelot with HomeSeer (MLHSplugin) assist.
Mmmm... did some IR with my Ocelot / Leopard... I don't miss that IR method. :roll:

"Door locked" is nothing more than off/on device status reported through MLHSplugin to MainLobby. Of perhaps more interest, the door lock is more usually, day-to-day controlled through RFID (iautomate). The MainLobby status is not really useful (remember, I created that scene on a rush basis for a tour to show scale of capability), since my door lock is now persistently locked unless electrified or momentarily unlocked by physical key entry. I use the Lib 10 door lock graphic to unlock the door to buzz people in. So, the flow is, doorbell rings, ML WebLobby page pops up on all screens with front door camera. Should the guest be familar and welcome at the moment, I click the "lock image" to unlock the door.
Okay... now that IS interesting! :shock:
I'd considered the iButton / TI stuff - have a whole shopping list of parts but never pulled the trigger - for lock controls with fobs and such... but haven't really heard from too many that went to it.
I really like the method you describe. I doubt it'll be anything I do any times soon, of course... :roll:
I'll look into the iAutomate solutions... :mrgreen:

"Email" was a scene jump to a WebLobby HomeSeer page. Just now, I'm migrating to HS 2.0, and haven't re-enabled this feature. Ditto for "Reminders."

And yes, I'm using HSPhone - in 2.0 with phoneweb bundled.

So, no magic here. Just using the basics from Cinemar, HomeSeer, iAutomate.
Thanks a bunch for the feedback.

How'd the HS2 migration go? I got the new stuff, but haven't pulled the trigger yet (in spite of all the assurances it'll go fine :lol:)?

Thanks, Madge!

mwhistle

Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:12 pm

Probably my favorite is the lighting "Scene Lighting" versus "Individual Lights" method. I would have never thought of that one.
You lie, you lie, you lie. Stop pulling my leg already.
Are your buttond dedicated to DVD on the left / TV on the right? Or is there some magic in there?
Yes, as you see it. Me? Magic? Hardly.

Migration to 2.0 was pretty smooth for me. Then again, I run no custom scripts and use only a handful of rock solid plugins. I did get a little cocky (bored, really) over the weekend and installed a new, supposedly HS 2.0 ready plugin that I didn't really need and it crashed HomeSeer within hours (the out of memory problem). No harm done, I just disabled it. I'm stable and loving it.

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:49 am

Probably my favorite is the lighting "Scene Lighting" versus "Individual Lights" method. I would have never thought of that one.
You lie, you lie, you lie. Stop pulling my leg already.
True.

I don't think of the simplest things. :roll:

That's what I love about these screenshot galleries: often it's the simple things I gain the most from.

Thanks.

Thanks for the HS2 feed back. :D

ronsatter
Is there life beyond myServer?
Is there life beyond myServer?

Re: mwhistle screenshots

Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:37 pm

Hi MWhistle,

Your posts have made my day :D.

I love the simplicity. You may not realize it, but you sell yourself a little short on your design skills. One of the most important concepts is "Simplicity". Often veterans like myself, overlook the obvious and wonder why people are not as excitied about home automation as we are. Your demo page is a great idea! I'll think I'll borrow your idea (steal). Everyone needs to keep a scene like yours handy in those times when "Wow" opportunities present themselves.

Thanks for sharing. Don't be shy on the forum ... lots of seasoned vets here who have years of make "simple" stuff ... complex and confusing. :shock:

Ron
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

Krumpy
Developer
Developer

Re: mwhistle screenshots

Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:04 am

I don't think that she is around anymore. If she is, then she should let herself known. It's been a awhile...

Return to “User Gallery - Screenshots”