User avatar
jjjukebox
Is there life beyond myServer?
Is there life beyond myServer?
Posts: 1026
Joined: Sat May 22, 2004 10:54 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact: Send private message

Passing Variables Issue

Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:11 pm

I have recently made a routine to break up the MLLyrics variable within ML for display but it was taxing the system too much because of the limited MLString functions I had to work with.

So I tried a script in HomerSeer (on another machine) to do this and return the variables to ML. My problems is that when the variables return to ML all the "<BR>" have been stripped out. When they are sent to Homeseer all the "<BR>" are in tact. Is their any way around this or settings I can try?

MLServer 3.0.240
MLHSPLugin 1.1.6
HomSeeer 1.7.25

Many Thanx
J.J. Jukebox
Member

User avatar
jjjukebox
Is there life beyond myServer?
Is there life beyond myServer?
Posts: 1026
Joined: Sat May 22, 2004 10:54 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact: Send private message

Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:47 am

Could someone please give me some direction on this, maybe Krumpy.

I am now going write a text file with the lyrics variable from MLLyrics in ML then open it up in HomerSeer to break it up into 20 line pages and return variables to ML but all the <BR> are being stripped out.

Many Thanx
J.J. Jukebox
Member

User avatar
jjjukebox
Is there life beyond myServer?
Is there life beyond myServer?
Posts: 1026
Joined: Sat May 22, 2004 10:54 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact: Send private message

Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:01 am

Just as a followup, what I did to over come this issue was to replace all the <BR> with **** in HomeSeer before the info was sent back to ML. When recieved in ML I replaced the all the **** back to <BR> So they could be used in a MultiLine Button.

I had a routine in ML before but would take upto 40 seconds to complete and no other processing could take place unil it completed. The same routine (VBScript) in Homerseer would complete in under 5 seconds and since it was done on another machine had no effect on MLServer.

I have found the MLStrings plugin is very useful but not as fast running a VBScript externally.

Later
J.J. Jukebox
Member

User avatar
DavidL
Founder
Founder
Posts: 11587
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 9:39 am
Location: Metamora, Michigan
Contact: Send private message

Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:44 am

JJjukebox,
Krumpy would have to be in the loop here. We have been playing phone tag. I'll try to remember this when we do synch up. That's why we haven't responded to your idea yet.

User avatar
jjjukebox
Is there life beyond myServer?
Is there life beyond myServer?
Posts: 1026
Joined: Sat May 22, 2004 10:54 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact: Send private message

Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:02 pm

Smooth,

Thanks for the input. I am not in any real hurry as my current set up works well but might be worth investigating why the <BR> are being stripped out.

Thanx
J.J. Jukebox
Member

User avatar
DavidL
Founder
Founder
Posts: 11587
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 9:39 am
Location: Metamora, Michigan
Contact: Send private message

Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:19 pm

I suspect that <BR> is intentionally being stripped out. It's been too long ago when we designed it for me to remember the details.

User avatar
Krumpy
Developer
Developer
Posts: 1363
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:17 pm
Location: Minneapolis, Mn
Contact: Send private message

Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:23 pm

It was necessary to strip out all HTML characters as several of the Cinemar text fields didn't support HTML characters and Homeseer frequently uses them.

Hopefully all ML text fields will support HTML characters characters in the future.

Return to “Homeseer”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests