bigDvette
Expert
Expert

VideoStorm Drivers in some kind of debug mode

Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:23 am

Whenever I launch MLMatrixSwitcher and it loads my VideoStorm Switcher, I get a series of dialog boxes with a title of EmptySwitcher. It then has a T in the first box, then I click ok and it has a 0, then 2 planks, then a 0 then 2 Ds. I went pack to the old VideoStorm driver and it does not do this.

mcascio

Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:48 pm

Will have an update soon for ya.

bigDvette
Expert
Expert

Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:58 pm

Did you post a new videostorm driver.

I installed teh one from the download and it posts an INSERT INTO error and says the field LABEL is not valid.

bigDvette
Expert
Expert

Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:32 pm

I had to delete all my copies of MLMatrixSwitcher to get this to work.

bigDvette
Expert
Expert

Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:53 pm

I meant I had to delete all copies of mlmatrixswitcher.mdb

mcascio

Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:49 pm

Sorry - forgot to mention you'll also need the latest Matrix Switcher family plugin.

bigDvette
Expert
Expert

Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:10 am

Ok, this i happening again. I am on current versions since last night and from what I can tell it has to do with getting bad data from the videostorm.

If I remove the DB and start over, I can add a switcher as long as I do not connect to it. If I set it to an invalid comm port (a valid port, but not the one the video storm is connected to) I can click connect, tell it to connect on startup and start and stop mainlobby server with no errors.

If I set it to the videostorm comm port, it comes up with a type mismatch and EmptySwitcher dialog box. After installing, deleting, re-installing a bunch of times I finally just pulled the plug on the videostorm and then plugged it back in. The next time I connected everything was fine. It is defintely getting some bad data that is causing it to error out. I can't see where I can get any real debug info.

Any help is appreciated as this has happened twice.

mcascio

Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:47 am

bigDvette,

Try deleting your MLMatrixSwitcher.mdb file in your MLServer\Data folder.

Then reinstall the Family plugin. Then readd your switcher and let us know if this problem persists.

bigDvette
Expert
Expert

Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:58 pm

That is what I was trying to say in my post.

I've done all of that several times. This issue is not with the DB or the driver version, it is that sometimes the plugin gets garbage data I think and that causes it to throw an type mismatch dialog box and then the EmptySwitcher box comes up. It also causes down stream stuff to fail due to synchronous thread processing on load.

However, all I ended up having to do was turn on and off the power to the VideoStorm.

I guess I'm thinking a couple of things.

1) The plugin shouldn't crash due to bad data, there needs to be some error checking and an error thrown out to a log instead of a popup that hangs teh server start and crashes the plugin.

2) It seems the units are out of sync. I've seen this before as garbage on the status screen and after I issue my next RS232 command to the unit, the status comes back ok.

I think what is happening (this is conjecture) is that there is some bad data in the buffer that the plugin reads on startup which causes it to crash and since it crashes you can't send it a command to say switch sources which seems to clear up the bad data. Instead, my only option is to pull the plug on the videoswitcher which is a real pain considering my rack is a rotating rack and you have to pull out the tracks.

I have it working now, but this is the second time this has happened.

bigDvette
Expert
Expert

Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:38 am

I am getting type mismatch and EmptySwitcher dialog boxes all the time now. There is something wrong with this version of the plugin. I can't find any logs so please tell me what to do.

mcascio

Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:43 am

bigD,

We'll be looking at this this morning. Can you email me your mlserver.ini file found in your MainLobby Server folder and your mlmatrixswitcher.mdb file from your data folder?

bigDvette
Expert
Expert

Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:02 am

Ok files sent to info@cinemaronline.com alias.

I have
1.0.0.164 of videostorm.dll
1.0.0.94 of MatrixSwitcherFamilyProperties.dll
1.0.0.79 of MlMatrixSwitcher.dll

thanks

mcascio

Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:25 pm

bigDvette,

Please redownload both the driver and the family plugin.

There is a new checkbox that will allow you to save your logs to the MLServer\logs folder. If you are still having issues after the update, start from a clean slate by deleting your database and saving the logs. Then send us your logs for review.

Return to “Video Storm”