DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Name Data

Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:46 am

Dave;
Once Name Data is loaded initially, should is save into the database? it seems on my setup that it is not saving anyplace, and after restart of MLS, I need to trigger a request name data to get things back up. Also, polling is not starting automatically on restart, but I am now sending a command via MLStart, whic is ok for now.
Thanks
Dave Bruner
:shock:

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:12 pm

The named data is not being saved. I was hoping that we could keep it dynamic by just polling the panel when a change was made.

Polling should automatically start 15 seconds after MLServer startup. Please show me the logs so I can try to figure out why it does not automatically start polling since it is working here for me. However my servers might not be as busy as yours during startup.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:17 pm

OK, Where is the log sent to - I can not locate the hard copy??
Thanks
Dave Bruner

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:29 pm

Should be in the MLServer\logs folder

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:34 pm

Whats the file name? It is not in that folder, but I will search the drive. I did a quick scan for "HAI" and see it noplace.
Thanks
Dave Bruner

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:00 pm

CinemarDave wrote:The named data is not being saved. I was hoping that we could keep it dynamic by just polling the panel when a change was made.

Polling should automatically start 15 seconds after MLServer startup. Please show me the logs so I can try to figure out why it does not automatically start polling since it is working here for me. However my servers might not be as busy as yours during startup.
I do not see how that will work. I have many screens that have displays or indicators that are generated or populated by a point or unit in the panel. How, for example will the temperature set point for a heating zone get populated if it never changes? Take a fire zone for example. Some of mine have been running for 5 years with no change, but I still want them indicated on my screens and I want them polled.

For those items that never change, I do not see any option but to keep a list of zones to poll someplace for the driver to reference. You could also use that same list or database for zone type - IE: the temperature sensor problem would be resolved. You could take that a step further and set a zone as fire or burg. , then write actions against those types, like "if fire - turn all path lights on, HVAC off....

Also - I tested my system on a restart and have no polling start. I must trigger it manually.

Maybe I am missing somthing.
Thanks
Dave Bruner

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:36 pm

Dave;
After the updateThings are much omproved - Good work!

I guess the easy solution for now is to trigger a few request commands after MLS startup to get the variables back into the driver. For items that are fairly static, it is the only way I see to do it. Maybe those requests will go into a script that is triggered by a timer. I need to nearly run every request after a restart to get thing back.

Polling is not starting automatically with my system.

ANy suggestions would be great.
Thanks
Dave Bruner

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:42 pm

Without doing a request aux status for T'stat 1, the setpoint variables are not written.
Thanks
Dave Bruner

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:48 pm

Dave - Th elog file works - well sort of. It is writing a new file every minute rather then adding to the same file.
Thanks
Dave Bruner

cborod
Is there life beyond myServer?
Is there life beyond myServer?

Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:33 pm

ver .29428

polling does not begin automatically.

what command should be executed to gather all info (names) and regularly retrieve status?

I experiment with various commands with mixed results.

Also, after a period of time (i'll try to observe when) seems like the plugin loses authority/authentication and begins getting errors . Seems about 15 minutes.
ChrisB

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:57 pm

Both of the above items plus;

Also to add to the list, the test command line for arm / disarm does not work, but if you do the same command, in the proper format manually IE: MLHAI|Security~Night~1~1111, it works..

From the command test line, you are sending MLHAI|Security~Night~1~Enter Access Code, as the used code never gets substituted into the line.
Thanks
Dave Bruner

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:38 pm

How long does it take your MLServers to start and come to a ready state?

If you have to kick off polling manually issue a MLHAI|Initialize_Polling comamnd. This is a very critical command. If it does not get executed then the plugin is missing a lot of information about the panel.

As for losing comm after 15 minutes. I'll need to see some logs or get some additional info here. What messages are you seeing in the log? If you stop and restart polling does it correct itself?

Make sure you are running version 3.0.3088.19018 of the plugin.

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:41 pm

The test command for arm / disarm is by design. It inserts the "Enter code here" into the command string because it does not know what security access code you want to use to test. You'll have to drop down into the command field and edit the command before pressing test.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:26 pm

CinemarDave wrote:The test command for arm / disarm is by design. It inserts the "Enter code here" into the command string because it does not know what security access code you want to use to test. You'll have to drop down into the command field and edit the command before pressing test.
Yes, but when you do that drop down, the 4 digit code typed in the field never is sent to the panel. The "enter access code" line gets sent.

In reconnect - yes it reconnects after about 3 min after a flame out.

I think that the Request Name Data command need to be sent prior to the start of polling. It is a mess if that gets backwards, as the driver has no clue what to pole. I currently send the name request and after a delay of 3 min, start polling.

I still say that a database should be behind this driver. There are some things in the panel that I do not care to ever monitor as it just takes up processor time (of which this driver is huge hog of at this point), and other items that I want to pole even though they do not change. I have no way to save those settings anyplace, and after every restart, it takes me 15 min. to get things working once more.

My system, with all its startup functions takes a good 2 to 3 min. to get everything rolling. Weather takes lots of time as does MLMenu. Horriscope take a huge time slice at startup. I can tell you that my dual processor server with lots of memory is maxed out for atleast 2 min. after start.
Thanks
Dave Bruner

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:41 pm

The request named data needs to be one of the first commands sent to the panel. Very critical. That's why the Initialize_Polling command was exposed.

There will be a database associated with the plugin. Just not there yet.

Why is weather and horoscope chewing MLServer? They should be happening in a MLWorker process? How much CPU are you seeing MLHAI consume? On my server with a normal set of plugins running including MLHAI polling I see MLServer averaging 2% CPU. There are some peaks to 10% at times.

I need someone else to confirm that after you change the words "Enter Access Code" on the test command line to an actual secuity code that it sends "Enter Access Code" instead of the security code. I do not see that happen here.

Return to “MLHAI Beta”