Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Agent wont stay connected

Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:57 pm

This actually started yesterday. Send a HAI command and it would go thru, but only one. Nothing else would go as it keeps timing out in the agent.

If the command is sent thru mls, it shows on the plugin log. If its sent from the HAI agent, it does not log on the plugin.

Status on plugin is connected. Agent is listening.

Figured it was time to ask instead of being hard headed and spending four more hours trying to figure it out on my own. Might have something to do with antivirus/firewall software.
Last edited by Ranger Home Automation on Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:02 pm

I completely turned off all firewalls, antivirus, all security. Same thing happened.
ProcessCommand-Error;Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
Make_Connection: Omniconnect failed
Failed to connect to the panel via network. Timeout.

It repeast the last two items above every 13 seconds or so. bummer

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:56 pm

Shut down, restart everything. This time I got TWO commands to go thru, oh yeah :(.

ProcessCommand - Error :Conversion from string "All" to type 'Integrator' is not valid.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:20 am

Yep - same issue here and I can not pin it down. MLS and the HAI agent are on the same machine running server 2008. For no reason, outgoing communications get corrupted between the driver and the agent. It is interesting that the communications from the agent to the driver are stable.

Sometimes, just an agent restart fixes the issue, but most times I must restart MLS to get things working. I have tried every combination of the above.

The firewall port is open. When communications fail, I get the same results in that the panel goes into reset and does a "GetVariables" looks to me like the Agent is receiving somthing, but that it is not correct. I do not think that this is a port issue.
Thanks
Dave Bruner
:shock:

Return to “MLHAI Beta”