Scott

Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:41 pm

It's funny that we talk about polling with the HAI and the next firmware release is suppose to get rid of it. I'm a Control4 dealer and version 1.6 release will introduce polling. I guess they got sued by Lutron and this was their way around the lawsuit. Supposedly its not going to be as bad as HAI's version, but it will require doing the programming differently otherwise command will take minutes to work properly. I'm glad C4 is allowing Lua programming so we can create our own 2 way drivers, but Cinemar blows it away in over all customization and GUI which is important for my customers. Oh and we are completely spoiled in actually being able to talk with the programmers. If theirs a problem it is fixed in days rather then months! Kudos to Dave and the rest of Cinemar.
Scott
InControl

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:11 am

As of today, mine has been up and working for about 3 days. I keep getting a strange serial port failed to connect at a frequency 6 to 8 hours, but that only lasts for 10 seconds and corrects itself each time. That may be some server side issue, but at this point is not causing any issues.

I can send commands with no issue and fast response. I still have the mis-reported flag issue to contend with. Units other than flags seem to be correct including all lighting. Alarm zones seem to be correct. Thermostats and temperature sensors are working great. My thermostat times out on the HAI side, but that is an HAI issue that has been going on for months. It always reconnects.

I have a new Omnistat II on the way, so that should be interesting.
Thanks
Dave Bruner
:shock:

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:14 am

left mine running all night. woke up this morning, it tried to connect every 10 seconds and failed. still cant send more than one or two commands before it fails to connect.

on-q issue? dont know.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:58 am

Ranger - Do you have On-Q's version of HAI?
Thanks
Dave Bruner

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:01 am

DaveB, Yes, I have the On-Q HMS 1100 which is the HAI OmniPro II. Dave got it to recognize its an HMS and not the HAI thru mapping.

When Dave remotes in, it usually works, LOL. Once he leaves, and i hit a few commands, it looses connection.

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:05 am

If i close down agent, then reopen I can get the fan to turn on/off. If i hit next comman, hold, i get

ProcessComman - Error :Conversion from string "All" to type 'Integer' is not valid.

Then it fails to connect for hours.

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:07 am

What command are you sending? Copy / Paste (don't rekey).
then, what is in the HAI log (copy / paste) and MLServer log when you send it.

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:12 am

Happens even when I send commands from the agent, so the commands are right. Will send screen shots later after I am done with a quote project.

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:34 pm

Ranger you should be better now. The command you were using "MLHAI|001~TStat~All~Hold~Hold" was causing the error ProcessCommand - Error :Conversion from string "All" to type 'Integer' is not valid because the Agent was trying to convert the word All into a TStat number. This caused the command to fail and throw the error. You now have a version of the Agent that correctly translates the word All.

Dave, thanks for letting me know what unit number to look for. I'll be on your system again today to test.

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:45 pm

Thanks Dave. I had my cyclestates incorrect then? I caught the tail end of what you were doing. The command from the agent is:

MLHAI|001~TStat~All~Hold~on

My cyclestates shows:

MLHAI|001~TStat~All~Hold~Hold

should I change the last HOLD to ON? Apparently both commands work whether I use HOLD or ON as the alst command. Can you share when you get time what you changed so I and maybe others can learn from my error? I assume you changed my cyclestate.

This is GREAT! Now I can work on my ALC lighting controls.

PS EDIT: OK, I see you updated the agent and not the cyclestate. My bad. However, using on or hold is the same thing.
Last edited by Ranger Home Automation on Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:48 pm

Ranger your command was correct. It was the Agent that was translating it wrong. I did not have to change anything on your end except update the Agent.

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:50 pm

Thanks Dave. I was editing my reply as you were posting your reply. Got it.

So using HOLD or ON as the command is irrelevant as they both work.

THANKS!!!

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:03 pm

Version 3.0.3132.22999 of the plugin should resolve the Unit status flipping from 1 to 0 issue. DaveB and Ranger - both of your agents have been updated. DaveB - this looks like it has resolved your Unit 393 reported issue.

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:05 pm

FANTASTIC Dave.

UNBELEIVABLE service from you.

I will work on my ALC this week and report any issues.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:59 pm

Many thanks Dave. Great support as always.

I will bang the system around a bit tonight and will report any issues.

I did set up some automation rules last night to flex some lighting on and off based on my occupancy sensors and it is working well so far. Previously this was all handled by HAI only.
Thanks
Dave Bruner

Return to “MLHAI Beta”