DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

HAI 3.0 Update

Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:54 pm

Dave - You knew that it was only a matter of time that I would hold off in posting this request.....

The question is; Where is this on the list?? Others have completed this task without issue, and you have fa.len behind the pack. It is time to move on and catch up.

I know what you have on your plate, but this one has been on the plate for a year. Sorry, but why not, I speek the truth.
Thanks
Dave Bruner
:shock:

ricks
Is there life beyond myServer?

Re: HAI 3.0 Update

Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:30 pm

Every time I sit down to view the Cinemar forum I flip a coin: heads = bug DaveP about HAI now that MuL is standing, tails = wait for DaveB to do it :D So far it's been heads! Actually, I installed the first version of MLHAI in 2005, the second version in the fall of 2006 and bought it shortly after. Have been using version 3 for several months. That's almost 4 years :shock:

Currently the HAI Worker lasts about 18-22 minutes before it hangs. I'm using DaveB's script to kill and restart every 30 minutes. On average I get about 15-20 minutes of dead MLHAI per hour. If there is a working pre-Beta I would love to try it - anything is better than how it's working now.

Please?

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:21 am

You haven't seen a new HAI plugin because I am one person, with two hands with 400 people asking me to fix something. I spend close to 100 hours or more each week, 7 days a week, working for Cinemar. I am responsible for maintaining about 300,000 lines of code across dozens of applications. Including a lot of programs that I inherited from 3rd party developers that need a lot of TLC. I am busy. You'll see a new plugin just as soon as I can get to it. It is on the priority list.

ricks

Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:12 pm

Dave,

Couldn't agree with you more. In my opinion you work way too much; 7 days a week and holidays. Must be a labor of love because you'd be dead otherwise. One person to support hundreds of plugins is crazy and you pay the price. Obviously, as a principal of the company this is a decision you've opted for or are forced into due to the current market. Those of us who use HAI understand that and really do sympathize.

On the other hand, HAI is such a significant component for those of us who use it (security, lighting, control, etc) and we have paid for it so long ago that I think it's also important that you understand our frustration. Posting a request once every 6 months is not excessive in my opinion in trying to keep HAI on the front burner. I know DaveB and I and possibly others would do whatever is needed to assist in getting this off your plate. It's just tough for us when there is no mention of HAI.

Anyway, anything we can do, let us know.

Rick

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:50 pm

Dave, I know your dedication and I know how much you do and how much there is to do. I also understand the economy and understand why one guy is trying to hold all of this code together. If I were you guys, I would be looking to spread the workload a bit to enable you to grow the company. I know that comes at a price, and the code is not as clean nor does it mesh as well (you are still suffering from some bad 3rd party stuff), but at some point, you will need help... that is if you want to grow the company.

As Rick stated, it is very frustrating. I know for fact that you have lost customers over this one. I have lost one and had to convert three customers over this one, so your company in effect has affected my company. I am certanily not happy about that, I could go on, but it is not constructive so lets leave it here.

As always, if there is any testing or anything else we can do, you know how to contact me.
Thanks
Dave Bruner

rpalori

Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:36 pm

I would somehow figure a way to put HAI at the top of the list since just about everyone I know uses HAI. I have been installing systems for over ten years and love HAI. I have been waiting for 3 years hoping this plugin would be finished and flawless. I like ML but ML interfacing with HAI is the way to go. Install a full blown HAI system and add Cinemar on top to give you a complete control system. I hope Dave will find the energy to support this plugin. Just my 2 cents in this topic.

Ryan

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:44 pm

Trust me it is in the top 3 items in the development queue.

Scott

Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:39 pm

One of my customers is finally wanting to get Cinemar up and working in his house. One of the things he has been waiting for is the HAI plugin. Is there any stable way to connect Cinemar with HAI? I have the option of network or serial based connection. I don't know what version of the chip he has, but the omni2pro board was replaced with in the last year because of lightning damage.
Scott
InControl

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:42 pm

Make sure he is on 3.0 or better and I do know that DaveP is close to finishing the beta. That is the best answer I can offer.
Thanks
Dave Bruner

rpalori

Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:23 am

Hurry DaveP, I just upgraded my firmware from 2.5E to 3.1A and have more issues with plugin than before. I have a OmniLT panel with expansion board and extra serial board. Originally I wanted to replace my firmware to correct my X-10 lighting status threw HAI Plugin. Lighting status works when you turn light on and off, buttons change color. But when HAI Plugin polls for lighting status every few seconds variables bounce between 1 and 0 ramdomly. And also the lighting level variables are a hit or miss. My newest problem with new firmware is the alarm status variable says UNKNOWN. When I arm alarm in AWAY mode for example, the status variable goes to AWAY then it changes to UNKNOWN. Another problem I am having is I cant log into my panel with PC ACCESS 3, regular old PC ACCESS works fine. I guess I will have to call HAI.

:(
Ryan

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:37 pm

Trust me it is in the top 3 items in the development queue.

So how is that queue coming along?
Thanks
Dave Bruner

Return to “MLHAI Beta”