mjunky

9/22 Candidate

Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:04 am

This plugin has certainly come a long way fast but my personal opnion is that there are enough BIG issues remaining to hold of on releasing the plugin.

Comments on 9/22 candidate:

1. Agree with the comments from others on cleaning up the naming conventions. User configurable zone # (with leading 0s) or alphabetical would be great

2. I can't use TSTAT and X10 polling at the same time. I have to choose either one or the other because:

X10 polling still kills the Tstats
X10 polling populated 39 auxillary tstats, one for each zone #

3. The temperature value containing F.... Make it numberic...it is too easy for the user to append text in button labels.

4. Still missing some of the overall panel status and "last error" information that will be necessary to populate a meaningful overview page/screen

FEATURE REQUEST:

It would be great if you could provide some generic icons/buttons for WINDOWS, CO, and FIRE zones in 0019. Mario has a few doors and ceiling fans from his scene in there but to make it work well it would be nice to have some that could be color coded based on zone state; green = armed, red = disamred/trouble. See attached image on what I am suggesting.

Barry
Attachments
MLSecurityScene.JPG
MLSecurityScene.JPG (74.46 KiB) Viewed 547 times

cborod
Is there life beyond myServer?
Is there life beyond myServer?

Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:17 pm

Thoughts on X10 polling......

I've abandoned HAI for running my lights since installing the MLLighting plugin.

That has reduced the polling burden very nicely.

Might not be the solution for everyone...
ChrisB

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:58 pm

ChrisB,
Yes, that is the recommendation. The Lighting plugins do a better job with lighting than the security panels do.

mjunky

Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:37 pm

But the plugin is still broken..... :wink:

I don't use the panel for X10.

More important than x10 is a few miscellaneous "thingies" such as Flags reside in the Units created by/dependent on the X10 polling of the plugin

Units 1-192 = X10
Units 193-200 = Relays
201-255 = Flags

I use flags to maintain an overall state of windows and cycle HVAC Off if windows are open and on when closed.

Barry

Return to “MLHAI Beta”