atlreguy

Automation rules

Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:30 pm

Is there somewhere that gives me a definition of what each variable means? Also an example of values -- i.e. If I want to say at 4:30pm monday, tuesday, and friday turn on light 001. Also, I would like to be able to set up a rule to work based on hitting a button on one of my Insteon keypads.

HELP

Josh

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:35 pm

Different answers to different questions.

In theory, most of the plugins' documentation describes what variables they create. The name of the variable seems to tell me what they mean; are there some you're confused on?

To do lights at a certain time, you could use MLScheduler.

To make an Insteon button perform a function, you'd configure it from the MLLighting plugin. Select the device, click "Control". Select the "Control" tab. Use the wider pull-down (not the one that says "Level") and select button you want to make control something. Press the "Add" button on the bottom left. Select the state to cause the trigger, then type in the command or command-map to trigger.

For example, I use an "ALL" trigger on a C button for my AV.Volume.Office.Down command and an "ALL" trigger on a D button for my AV.Volume.Office.Up command. This makes those two buttons be simple volume control.

HTH.

atlreguy

Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:32 am

Greg,

I tried MLScheduler last night. It worked like a charm! Now I just need to play with Rules and get some of those working.

Thanks,

Josh[/quote]

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:53 pm

Cheers! 8)

Return to “Automation Rules”