Did you happen to try this over the weekend? I went the opposite way, converting from DVDProfiler to DVDLobby. I updated all (about 400) of my DVD profiles with location/slot data in dvd profiler. After cleaning out my dvd.mdb, I tried to figure out the best way to import the right slot data into DVDL. The best thing I came up with was pulling the collection.xml file from profiler into wordpad. I then did two find/replace commands to change CollectionNumber to CollectionNumberOld and change Slot to CollectionNumber.
Well, it seemed to work!
I have two things that are current problems:
1. Any box set that is made up by identifying individual DVDs shows up, even though there is no actual DVD identified with it. A nuisance, no big deal.
2. Any muliple DVD sets use the last Slot identified in the set, i.e. Band of Brothers Discs in slots 10-16, uses slot 16. Again, no big deal, but something to start with.