brettcp

Re: Audio gets "stuck" on constantly repeating first second of track, myServer restart required to fix

Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:00 pm

The versions Dave posted ARE the new versions...
If you used MLServer on same PC before, then MLServer's installer would have put older versions in the other Windows folders. Make sure they are gone (which I think you are saying they don't exist - of any version).
That is correct, there are no other copies of those two files present anywhere else on the system.

Hisma

Re: Audio gets "stuck" on constantly repeating first second of track, myServer restart required to fix

Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:44 am

just want to report that this happens to me as well. seems to happen after my system has been on for a long time w/o a restart. I'm thinking of just having an auto-restart script once per night so to prevent this.

What is the easiest way to automate a myserver restart?

brettcp

Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:07 am

just want to report that this happens to me as well. seems to happen after my system has been on for a long time w/o a restart. I'm thinking of just having an auto-restart script once per night so to prevent this.

I do a restart every few days via Windows task scheduler, but in my case it doesn't seem to help. I've had instances where this audio bug occurs immediately after a restart, and other instances where it takes days to occur again.

Which audio device/chipset are you using? I'd be curious to know if this issue is specific to a certain line of audio chipsets.

Hisma

Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:35 pm

I do a restart every few days via Windows task scheduler, but in my case it doesn't seem to help. I've had instances where this audio bug occurs immediately after a restart, and other instances where it takes days to occur again.

Which audio device/chipset are you using? I'd be curious to know if this issue is specific to a certain line of audio chipsets.
I'm using the onboard audio of a MSI B150M Mortar motherboard (based on intel B150 chipset).

Audio Specs:
• Realtek® ALC892 Codec
• 7.1-Channel High Definition Audio
• Supports S/PDIF output

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B150M-M ... cification

no idea if that helps you at all. I think the key detail is the realtek chipset. If that matches yours perhaps we found a common cause.

brettcp

Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:20 pm

I'm using the onboard audio of a MSI B150M Mortar motherboard (based on intel B150 chipset).

Audio Specs:
• Realtek® ALC892 Codec
• 7.1-Channel High Definition Audio
• Supports S/PDIF output

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B150M-M ... cification

no idea if that helps you at all. I think the key detail is the realtek chipset. If that matches yours perhaps we found a common cause.
I'm using an Intel NUC (Model NUC7i7BNH) and am using the audio from the on-board Intel chipset HDMI output.

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:41 pm

Brett email your TeamViewer 12 info. I need to remote in and see this myself.

If you want to try to see what restarting myServer does simply create a Scheduled Task that runs every morning at 4am or so. Have the task execute the server command ReStart.

brettcp

Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:22 am

Brett email your TeamViewer 12 info. I need to remote in and see this myself.

If you want to try to see what restarting myServer does simply create a Scheduled Task that runs every morning at 4am or so. Have the task execute the server command ReStart.
Hi Dave,

I'll reach out to you with this the next time its in a failed state. I haven't been using it much but will try to over the next few days, thanks!

Return to “myServer”