philnye

Can myAgent bind audio outputs?

Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:40 am

Is is possible to somehow bind 2 soundcard outputs to the same radio? I have 3 analog audio outputs assigned to radio #1, #2, and #3 for my apps from my main server and I would like to also have my optical digital output to mirror analog output #1. Is there any way to do this in myAgent/myServer? I could assign the optical digital output to my radio #4 if it was possible to have both radio #1 and radio #4 active at the same time.

If there is a better way to do this, I would love to hear it but I'm trying to get my audio zone in my theater on the digital optical output of my server to play the same feed as my radio #1 analog audio output in all my other zones.

Thanks for any help or suggestions,
Phil Kosarek
philnye

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Re: Can myAgent bind audio outputs?

Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:18 pm

Just for clarity...you are running the music apps on the myServer PC and are connected to that PC's audio outputs?
There should be no need to using "myAgent" on that PC.

myAgent is for "Remote PCs".

philnye

Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:53 pm

Yes, I connect to the main server and use analog and digital audio outputs from the server to feed my music distribution system as well as my theater receiver.

I actually asked in the forum last year (about this time) if myAgent was even needed on the server so I find it ironic that I'm trying to work with it now. Anyway, I originally did not intend to run myAgent on the server but I also have a Blu-Ray drive on my server and plan to use it to rip disks to my collection as well so I had myAgent setup for that on the server.

In any case, even if I wasn't running myAgent on the server, I can't see how in myServer to have both my front speaker analog output and my digital optical output both active for a given radio in the myMusic, Gmail, Pandora, or InternetMusic apps settings. Is there anything we can do in the background to link specific outputs to be together?

Thanks
Phil

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:40 pm

It is not possible for any of the radio apps to bind audio channels like that. There is no option for us to do that in the audio control dlls that we use. Do make sure that isn't an option available to you in the sound card applet in the control panel. I think I remember hearing sound on the spdi/f output even when I was playing to the front channel speakers.

philnye

Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:49 pm

Ok, thanks Dave and Dave!

I'll poke around to see if I can get anything like that to work in Windows directly then. I thought also in the past on other computers I've built that the SPDIF just duplicated the front channel output but for some reason it doesn't appear to be doing that right now.

Thanks again,
Phil Kosarek
philnye

Return to “myServer Agents”