Allonis's new SmartRemote is pretty simple to install.
- SmartRemote Charging Hub and Micro USB charger
- Wifi Access Point (not included in basic kit)
- myServer 6 automation controller
- AndroidTV Driver installed on myServer 6 (from Software Updater)
- SmartRemote user interface tempate (like "MoonLight SmartRemote")
Install Moonlight SmartRemote template on myServer 6
Connect SmartRemote to Wifi
- Ensure SmartRemote is charged. If not, dock it in the plugged in charging hub for an hour or so
- Connect the Charging hub to the wall plug
- Place the SmartRemote into the hub.
- Boot SmartRemote by pressing right side button
- Once SmartRemote completes boot, go to Settings.
- Click on Network & Internet
- Ensure Wifi is turned On
- Click on Wifi
- Select your Access point. Add your Access point Wifi password and ensure it connects.
- Long Press on your Wifi name. Click on Modify Network
- Slide menu Up (to see text below) and click on Advanced.
- Select Static
- Type your static IP address (this should not be used by any other devices and not in the Router's DHCP range. Static ensures a fast connection on SmartRemote startup and from waking up. You can click "Show Password" since the onscreen keyboard is so small, easy to make a mistake.
- Type your Router Gateway IP. Typical network prefix length should be "24". DNS can be 220.127.116.11 (Google's server) and DNS2 can be 18.104.22.168 If you have your own known good DNS, use that.
- Click Connect
Launch the Allonis SmartRemote App
The App will attempt to discover your myServer 6 controller. If it doesn't find it, you can click the Settings button and manually enter your myServer 6 IP address. You also need to type the name of the User Interface Template (MoonLight_SmartRemote)
You should now be viewing the Moonlight_SmartRemote home page!