Homeseer is an automation system that has a good following, and a robust processing engine. Allonis has developed a tight integration of Homeseer and myServer. Many users have leveraged myServer's user interface design tools and media capability to augment their existing Homeseer server back end. The Allonis's Homeseer driver makes the integration super easy! The combined capablity of Homeseer and Allonis's myServer is as good as it gets.
- First one needs to publish the lighting device within mcsMQTT. HomeSeer lighting devices have several data elements which Michael’s plugin allows substitution variables to populate. For this example, available are $$VALUE:, $$STATUS:, $$DEVICETYPE:, and some others which are probably not so important. The devices are published via their device reference id (Ref). Then one needs to enter the publish topic and payload template. We are sending lighting commands over to myServer when properties change:
- In MQTT Explore this then looks like the following. In myServer the values change:
Works well. Only issue is that one needs to manually publish each device and enter the topic/payload information. It could be challenging or tedious if one has a lot of devices. Hopefully, in the future the auto discovery (or something like that) could eliminate the manual work.
In HomeSeer, one can also do this via the HS event engine. This is not just for lighting, but could work for anything else in terms of sending data as long as it can be triggered via a event:
Driver to bi-directionly control the Homeseer system
- myServer Lighting Family License
- Existing Homeseer system setup
- Supported Caseta compatible hardware
How to Install the Homeseer driver on myServer
- Purchase the Lighitng Family license from Allonis.
- Shutdown myServer5.
- Run myInstaller Installation on your myServer PC
- If you are connected to the Internet, you should see the Homeseer driver listed in the Lighting category. Select and download it.
- After the driver is downloaded, click to install it.
- Restart myServer.
- Apply the LightingFamily license to myServer's License Manager.
This driver is a standard Lighting Family driver that allows for remote control of all Homeseer managed lighting devices.
Configure your Homeseer lighting network using the Homeseer configuration user interface.
- Within the .
Go to the myServer Devices window and double click on the Homeseer Driver.
- Within the driver, click on the Devices tab.
- Select Homeseer from the Controller Configuration window.
- Input the IP Address that is assigned to the Homeseer server.
- Click Save Settings from the File menu.
- Restart myServer.
- Once the driver connects myServer to Homeseer, all your Homeseer Devices will autopopulate the appropriate myServer Family Manager devices.
Check the import in the myServer Lighting Family device list.
The Homeseer driver command just sends a command to the Homeseer server to invoke an action: