Allonis's myMediaPlayer are networked devices that can render photos, videos and audio files.
Allonis's recommended media system includes software that is based around Emby media server and Kodi client software as the "player" running on "Libralec" OS.
Hardware: Raspberry Pi4 2Gig w/ 16 gig USB boot drive.
Includes 3A power supply and a mini HDMI to HDMI 3' cable.
Emby Emby Server default user name:
User name: Allonis
To configure Kodi - use it's built on and running webserver:
Download myMediaPlayer1 - 4 files.
Burn using Etcher to USB boot stick. Lable the stick with the Player number (the image number).
Plug in HDMI output
Plug in USB boot stick and power on.
Liberalec / Kodi should then boot for the preconfigured Player #1 (through 4)
1) Download PI4Media-2021-08-13.zip and flash to baseline usb stick. This will be the master you will made the others from. The default name is PlayerN
2) Teamviewer into any local PI4.
3) Insert the master usb into one of the PI4’s usb2 slots.
4) Insert the new copy usb stick into the open PI4’s usb3 slot. Press cancel if the pi prompts to open file explorer
5) From the PIs Accessories menu run the SD Card Copier utility.
6) Make sure the copy from and copy to devices are correct. Copy from is most likely device /dev/sdb and copy to is /dev/sdc. Do not use /dev/sda that is the boot disk.
7) Make sure “New Partition UUIDs” is checked off.
8) Click start and repeat for as many players as you need.
9) When you are all done cloning players click on the silver up button on the PIs toolbar to eject the master usb stick.
If brand new PI, boot from SDMicro, use command line to update to Boot from USB from the sudo raspi-config Advanced menu and shut down.
Since each player will need to be uniquely named you must then individually boot each player one at a time and change 1) the host name and 2) the player name.
1) Boot the player. The first step will be to temporarily change the UI from Aeon to the Kodi default called Estuary. Navigate to the Settings menu.
2) From the settings menu go to Interface.
3) Select Skin and change Aeon Tajo to the default Estuary
4) Select Yes and Keep Skin prompt
5) Go back into Kodi settings
6) Select Services / General and change the device name from PlayerN to Player #1 (this is the name Emby will see - you can use any name.)
7) Go back to System and then down to the LibreElec option
8) In LibreElec change system name to same as player name sans spaces and # sign – e.g. Player1 (this is the host name - can be any name.)
9) Go back to the system main menu then Interface.
10) Once in interface change skin from Estuary back to Aeon Tajo.
11) Once back in the Aeon UI you can power down and continue with the next player.