To install myServer 6 on Windows 10, follow the steps below
1) Ensure your hardware is supported by Windows 10. Most modern motherboards are supported.
2) Download Windows 10 HERE. We used the "Windows 10 Pro" desktop.
3) Follow the Windows installation instructions.
4) Windows should now be installed!
5) We open the default Edge browser and download Chrome. We follow the Chrome installation instructions and select for Chrome to be the default browser. We remove the Edge panel link (right click on the icon) and install Chrome as a link in the panel (right click on Google Chrome from the Apps list).
6) We install TeamViewer for remote management. Once installed, we launch it and go to TeamViewer options. We name the TV instance, and go to the Security tab and change the TV password. We also select for TV to launch on reboot.
7) We are now ready to install myServer 6!
To download myServer, you must first create an Allonis website user account. This will give you access to the support forum, allow for purchases at the Allonis online store, access to download software, and provides optional subscription services that Allonis supports.
To create a user account, click HERE
Configure Allonis myServer 6 Windows base load
myServer 6 Windows installation starts with installing the myServer 6 application. This provides easy access to all the myServer 6 for Windows support applications and updates like myDesigner 6.
Once myServer is running, select software Updates from Dashboard Template to access all other myServer suite software products.
myServer will then download and install in 30 day trial mode.
Within myServer 6 is the Utilities / Software Updater. This provides access to all myServer 6 updates, drivers, apps and templates.
Shut off or Turn On myServer Autostart on Windows launch:
Because myServer require elevated rights to run they cannot be started by placing a shortcut to the exe in the PCs startup folder. Instead, they get started as a Scheduled Task that runs on Windows Login. Go into the Control Panel / Admin Tools / Task Scheduler / Task Scheduler Library. You will see the task defined there that starts myServer on login. Delete that task. If you have already installed myServer you will see a task there for starting it too. Leave that one alone.
To start on windows launch...just create the task or reenable it if it's already there from initial installation.
In Windows Scheduled Task manager, create a new task for running an app on Windows startup. Here is the default path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Allonis\myServer6\myServer.exe" for the application to start.
The Windows compile of myServer 6 needs to manual steps for a software update. To do so, select and download the products you want and hit the install button. This will download to files to the Download folder and shut myServer down. You must then manually navigate (using the Raspberry File Manager) to the myServer Download folder and unzip the new files into the root of myServer installation directory. This will put the files in their correct respetive places. Then, start myServer up and all should be updated. This will be resolved in the near future.