Network Security - myFirewall4
myServer must be installed behind a secure firewall with the proper ports forwarded to the Internet (for remote connection) and with port reflection (or Split DNS). Not all routers can be configured this way. Worse, you setup your Internet provider's modem and they reflash it loosing all of your settings that can take hours to reset (not to mention your system goes down).
Allonis properly configures a quality, yet inexpensive gateway that should work plug and play and is designed for reliability.
Here is how it would be installed:
Internet<<<>>>your Internet service provider <<<>>>your Internet service providers modem / router (setup in Bridge Mode) <<<>>>myFirewall port A (configured by Allonis)<<<>>>myServer and other home automation / security devices....myFirewall port B<<>> rest of Intranet network devices
Optionally, Allonis can log into myFirewall and custom configure it for your exact requirements. Please contact Allonis if you need a special setup.
The new Allonis myFirewall is a cost-effective, state-of-the-art, Dual Core Intel® Atom™, pfSense® Security Gateway appliance.
FANLESS WITH FOUR ETHERNET PORTS
The myFirewall4 desktop system is a state of the art pfSense® Security Gateway appliance, featuring the Dual Core Intel® Atom™ C2358 1.7 GHz, with AES-NI and Intel QuickAssist acceleration to support a high level of I/O throughput and optimal performance per watt. This pfSense appliance can be configured as a firewall, LAN or WAN router, VPN appliance, DHCP Server, DNS Server, and IDS/IPS with optional packages to deliver a high performance, high throughput front-line security architecture at a excellent price per gigabit.
myFirewall4, with it's additional ports, is configured so your automation and security devices are on a seperate subnet than your WiFi devices. This adds an additional layer towards securing your important systems.
Built with performance, versatility, and low total cost of ownership in mind, pfSense systems meet the growing needs of organizations of all sizes.
LOW TOTAL COST OF OWNERSHIP
- No artificial limits or add-ons required to make your system fully functional.
- No additional usage or feature based pricing. Enjoy unlimited users, unlimited firewall rules, unlimited IPsec tunnels, dual WAN, etc.
- Low power requirements to help save you money.
- No moving parts to wear out. This system is designed for a long deployment lifetime.
GROWS WITH YOU
- From firewall to Unified Threat Management, get all the security features you need to protect your home or business.
- Flexible configuration and support for multi-WAN, high availability, VPN, load balancing, reporting and monitoring, etc.
- Add optional packages such as Snort or Suricata for IDS/IPS and network security monitoring, Squid for optimized content delivery and SquidGuard for anti-spam/anti-phishing and URL filtering.1
- Maximum Active Connections: 3,900,000
EASY GUI MANAGEMENT
- Manage pfSense settings through our web-based GUI.
- No fumbling with a command line interface or typing arcane commands.
SECURE REMOTE ACCESS
- Connect via encrypted Virtual Private Networks (VPN) between your offices, let mobile workers connect security, or connect to the Cloud!
- Use the built-in Amazon VPC Wizard to easily establish VPN connections with your Amazon EC2 cloud.
- Small Businesses
- Small to Medium Sized Business Networks
- Small to Medium Sized Branch Office
- Managed Service Provider / Managed Security Service Provider (MSP/MSSP) On Premise Appliance
- Teleworkers needing an "Always-Up" network or VPN connections
pfSense is a free, open source firewall and router platform based on FreeBSD that is functionally competitive with expensive, proprietary commercial firewalls. pfSense can be configured as a stateful packet filtering firewall, a LAN or WAN router, VPN Appliance, DHCP Server, DNS Server, or can be configured for other applications and special purpose Appliances. This next generation pfSense security appliance features include:
- Stateful packet filtering firewall or pure router
- Routing policy per gateway and per-rule for multiple WAN, failover, load balancing
- Transparent layer 2 firewall
- Support for IPV6, NAT, BGP
- Captive portal with MAC filtering, RADIUS support, etc
- VPN: IPsec, OpenVPN, PPTP
- Dynamic DNS client
- DHCP Server and Relay functions
- PPPoE Server
- Reporting and monitoring features with real time information
- Learn more about the features of pfsense
|CPU||Intel "Rangeley" Atom C2358 1.7 Ghz with Intel QuickAssist|
|CPU Cores||Dual Core|
|Networking||4x Gigabit Ethernet Ports
SoC Intel I354 Quad GbE on-die MACs
|Storage||32GB eMMC Flash on board|
|Expansion||1x mSATA, 2x miniPCIe|
|Console Port||Mini USB|
|USB Ports||2x 2.0 ports|
|Enclosure||Desktop 1.5" tall x 6.8" deep x 7" wide|
|Form Factor||Standard mini-ITX 170mm x 170mm|
|Power||External ITE P/S AC/DC 100-240V, 50-60 Hz, 12V 4.16A
AC Inlet: IEC320-C14 (3 PIN)
Power Cord: NEMA 5-15P to IEC320-C13
|Environmental||32°F (0°C) to 158°F (70°C)|
|Power Consumption||7W (idle)|
|Certifications||FCC, CE, RoHS, UL|
- Quick Start Guide and other Manuals.
- Access to the online version of The Official pfSense Book. (upon support registration)
- Ships with the latest version of pfSense.
- Not PoE Compatible.
- Ships with US style 3 prong power cord. Easily changed to non-US style by purchasing a IEC320-C13 (3 PIN) compatible power cord (visual example).
Installation Guide: Click HERE