Ecobee thermostats are popular, cloud connected climate control devices. myServer 6 connects to your cloud account and receives status of the thermostat and allows for remote operation.
Create and Ecobee online account
Click on Top right on the "Hamburger Menu" (with the person icon)
Click on "Developer" link
Click on "Create New"
Type name: "myServer ecoBee Driver"
You will need to obtain an API key from ecobee’s developer site to use this integration. To get the key, your thermostat must be registered on ecobee’s website (which you likely would have already done while installing your thermostat). Once you have done that, perform the following steps.
- Click on the Become a developer link on the developer site.
- Log in with your ecobee credentials. (Make sure multifactor authentication is disabled to meet the developer login form’s limits. If you’ve already enabled MFA, the web portal doesn’t support disabling it. The iOS and Android apps do under Account > Account Security. You can re-enable MFA after becoming a developer.)
- Accept the SDK agreement.
- Fill in the fields.
- Click save.
Log in to the regular consumer portal and click the overflow menu button in the upper right. You will see a new option named Developer. Now an application can be created to integrate with myServer.
- Select the Developer option from the hamburger menu on the top-right.
- Select Create New.
- Complete the form on the right. (Neither of the fields are referenced by myServer)
- Name: Must be unique across all ecobee users.
- Summary: Does not need to be unique.
- Click Authorization method and select ecobee PIN.
- Click Create.
Your new application will now appear on the left. Upon clicking on the application, API key will appear on the right. Copy this key and use it in the configuration section below. Click X to close the Developer section.
- In the Settings -> Devices & Services menu, click + and then select “ecobee” from the pop-up menu.
- In the pop-up box, enter the API key you obtained from ecobee’s developer portal.
- In the next pop-up box, you will be presented with a unique four-character PIN code which you will need to authorize in the ecobee consumer portal. You can do this by logging in, selecting My Apps from the hamburger menu, clicking Add Application on the left, entering the PIN code from Home Assistant, clicking Validate and then Add Application in the bottom right.
- After authorizing the app with ecobee, return to myServer and click Submit. If the authorization was successful, a configuration entry will be created and your thermostats and sensors will be available in myServer.